Demo Associate - Seasonal
Job Title: Demo Associate
Reports To: Director of Operations (DOO) and Store Manager (SM)
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Summary: To assist customers with product selection, preparation, packaging, questions and any other requests in the selected department being worked. Restock department(s), rotate products and prepare other products as directed.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
This position requires a high performing customer service oriented associate with good knowledge of products in department. This position also requires an individual with the ability to stand for long hours and work in a fast pace environment while maintaining proper sanitation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Provide samples and demonstrations for customers with outstanding product knowledge.
2. Constantly restock department with close attention to expiration date.
3. Properly use scales and follow established weights and measures procedures (tares).
4. Product knowledge (i.e preparation, ingredients etc.)
5. Make suggestions to customers to increase department sales
6. Prepare, package and rotate products as directed.
- Assist department manager in receiving and inspecting incoming products for quality, quantity and spoilage.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of department, work station and surrounding areas.
- Ensure proper display of all products and signs in department.
- Follow proper safety procedures and guidelines when operating all utensils and machinery.
- Follow all guidelines and procedures outlined in department and health and safety manuals as set forth by Company and Department of Agriculture.
- Maintain proper appearance and hygiene at all times.
13. Handle customer complaints to the best of ability and inform Department Manager or Assistant Manager of outcome.
14. Be available for all scheduled shifts and cover shifts when department is short or when call-outs happen.
15. Work on holidays when store is open and extended hours when needed i.e. holiday seasons, special events.
16. Be in full uniform including hats, gloves and hairnets (if applicable) during shift.
17. Perform other duties and assignments as delegated by your supervisor.
18. Must provide excellent customer service regardless of position by acknowledging customers looking for service. All employees must ensure that the customer gets what they are searching for by attending to customers themselves or ensuring the customer is attended to by an associate that can assist them.
Supervisory Responsibilities N/A
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
· Ability work with little/no supervision
· Customer Service expertise
The employee must communicate effectively with customers, superiors, colleagues, and other individuals inside and outside the Company.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long hours; walk and talk or hear. The employee must also demonstrate ability to lift a minimum of 30lbs.
Expected Performance Outputs
· Continually develop departmental product knowledge
· Operational knowledge of all department equipment and machinery
· Maintain proper sanitation at all times
· Ability to identify product quality in department
· Excellent attendance
· Increased speed and accuracy to elevate productivity