Forestry Technician (Trails)
- Serves as a member, trails maintenance team, to maintain, repair, and build trails throughout the Forest Service unit to ensure protection of wildlife habitat and water quality in addition to improving recreational access to forest lands.
- Builds trails with gravel and associated materials, restores impacted areas, and replaces signage as needed. Prepares construction materials, ensures proper tool maintenance, and reports work completed.
- Plans and implements the logistics of projects associated with trail maintenance and reconstruction projects. May performs trail log, condition, and prescription surveys.
- Explains regulations concerning trails maintenance specific to the Wilderness Act. Inspects assigned areas to determine compliance with regulations or specifications.
- Oversees routine maintenance of trails at dispersed recreation sites including cleanup and naturalizing.
- May interact with forest visitors and when assigned, educates visitors covering trail maintenance and cleanup.