22-218.B2 - Financial Analyst
Serves as an analyst and accounting liaison for the technical asset teams, assists in the assembly and distribution of monthly financial statements and prepares schedules for the company’s monthly employee meetings.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Serves as analyst and accounting liaison for technical asset teams, which includes preparation of monthly financial reports, managing capital forecast, budget planning, quarterly activity reviews, preparing asset management profiles, research and analysis of operating expenses, and ad hoc reporting. Prepares cost and production reports for field personnel and works with field personnel to provide more information as needed for special projects.
- Participates in the coordination of monthly employee open book management meetings and executive reports. The analysts are responsible for all aspects for the monthly meetings including preparing schedules, presentation, and meeting materials.
- During the company’s closing process is responsible for timely distribution of monthly internal financial reports, analysis and review of the reports for accuracy, and preparing and booking Operating Expense and AFE Accruals.
- Analyze past results, perform variance analysis, identify trends, and make recommendations for improvements
- Prepares special reports and completes special projects by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information for various groups throughout the company including executive, technical employees, and accountants.
- Assists with developing annual budget with Asset Teams and Planning & Budgeting.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
Other Job Responsibilities:
- Adheres to the company’s values – integrity, ownership, urgency, alignment and innovation.
- Supports company vision and mission.
- Adheres to established work schedule, attendance standards and is punctual to work and meetings
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional associations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Minimum of three years oil & gas experience.
- Ability to accurately solve problems and exceptional proficiency in data management.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, supervisors, and other departments.
- Ability to complete multiple, diverse tasks of differing priorities without close supervision.
- Ability to perform tasks and achieve results with a high degree of accuracy and precision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with specific ability to translate complex financial information into an organized and presentable manner.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in the use and application of the following software:
- Required: Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Preferred: Strong working knowledge of SAP and PowerBI.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year university or college with a degree in accounting, finance, or business.
- Preferred Master’s Degree in accounting, finance or business.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations: