Treasury Operations Analyst: New Grad
About the Position
We are hiring members for a brand new group within our Treasury team who will manage and improve many of our daily activities and processes. We don’t require any finance background or other particular experience—we care more about your curiosity, enthusiasm, and how you think and learn.
Our Treasury team, like the rest of Jane Street, are problem solvers. Much of what we do is constrained optimization. Together, we decide how to efficiently allocate the firm’s capital, minimize costs, shuffle positions, and diversify funding sources. We also try to improve, streamline, and automate these solutions.
In this role, you’ll work closely with colleagues on the Treasury team, with other teams throughout the firm, and with external counterparties. On the new group within Treasury, you will help handle a range of tasks, including:
- Running existing processes, both manual and automated, to optimize positions and manage cash and FX balances daily
- Monitoring activities and systems, and triaging any alerts
- Improving and automating existing processes to address new financing inefficiencies and automate manual parts of workflows
- Executing various funding trades
- Exploring other ad hoc issues
There is also ample room for growth in this position. As you become more familiar with the day-to-day operations, you’ll make high-value, time-sensitive decisions on your own, and exercise increased ownership over key processes, suggesting and implementing longer-term improvements. You’ll begin to think through how we approach exceptional cases and big market events.
- Proactive, reliable, and conscientious, with keen attention to detail and organizational skills
- A team player with strong oral and written communication skills
- Able to learn quickly, follow instructions, and use judgment and problem-solving to work independently and interested in working in a role focused on operational and day-to-day processes
- Familiar with Excel and some basic programming (in whatever language), and willing to learn Python, VBA, and SQL
- Numerate and comfortable making decisions based on numbers
- Eager to ask questions, admit mistakes, learn new things, and continuously improve
- Fluency in English required