Mental Health Associate- Unlicensed
THE POSITION: Under clinical supervision, provide services to mental health clients and their families; provide liaison with other community agencies serving mental health clients; and perform related work as required.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Teaches relevant social and daily living skills, provides supportive counseling;
- Participates as a team member in client evaluation, treatment planning and implementation of approved treatment plans;
- Serves as a client advocate and assists clients in using community resources;
- All the above activities will be supervised by a Psychiatric Social Worker, Mental Health Nurse, Clinical Psychologist or a Psychiatrist; and
- Performs other related duties as required.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, and EXPERIENCE
- Two (2) years of experience providing patient care in a mental health setting and/or support services to mental health clients and their families
- A Bachelor's degree in Social-Behavioral Sciences including psychology, social work, or sociology, AND one of the following:
- Successful completion of the formal internship in the Behavioral Health Department's Mental Health Associate Intern Program with the County of Ventura
- A minimum of six (6) months of experience performing work on a full-time basis providing patient care in a mental health setting and/or support services to mental health clients and their families.
FINAL FILING DATE: This is a continuous recruitment and may close at any time; therefore, apply as soon as possible if you are interested in it. Your application must be received by County of Ventura Human Resources no later than 5:00 p.m. on the closing date.
To apply on-line, please refer to our web site by clicking the "Apply Externally" button. If you prefer to fill out a paper application form, please call (805) 654-5129 for application materials and submit them to County of Ventura Human Resources, 800 South Victoria Avenue, L-1970, Ventura, CA 93009.
For further information about this recruitment, please contact Erin Niemi by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at (805) 654-2568.