Who is BlueRock?
BlueRock Therapeutics, a wholly-owned and independently operated subsidiary of Bayer AG, is a leading engineered cell therapy company using its unique cell+gene platform to direct cellular differentiation and genetically engineer cells to create a new generation of cellular medicines that address large patient populations suffering from neurological, cardiovascular, and immunology diseases.
The convergence of cell biology and genetic engineering is creating fundamental new ways to impact disease. Founded in 2016 to capitalize on these technological breakthroughs, we are advancing our novel cell+gene platform to develop, manufacture, and deliver an entirely new generation of authentic and engineered cell therapies across three therapeutic areas: neurology, cardiology, and immunology.
What Are We Doing?
Our foundational science harnesses the ability to create and then direct the differentiation of universal pluripotent stem cells into authentic, functional cells that can be used as allogeneic cellular therapies to treat a broad array of diseases. We can also further engineer these cells, enabling them to produce enzymes, antibodies, and other proteins for additional therapeutic benefit.
We are passionate about delivering on the promise of cellular and gene therapy, shaping the future of cellular medicine, and delivering new therapies to millions of patients with treatment options.
We are seeking individuals who are collaborative, thrive in a fun and dynamic culture, and are steadfast in the commitment to advance cutting-edge cellular therapies to impact patients’ lives.
The Staff Accountant, reporting to the Manager of Accounting, will be responsible for assigned journal entries, bank account reconciliations, business expense administration and other accounting operations tasks. While focused on the day-to-day of the accounting department, this role will assist month-end closing activities including balance sheet reconciliations and intercompany transactions. Additionally, this position will collaborate across the finance team, other departments throughout the organization, and external partners.
The successful candidate will be a strong performer who can meet deadlines while balancing multiple priorities. This role will require excellent interpersonal skills, expert problem-solving ability, and a detailed focus on accounting processes and procedures.
- Maintain the assigned portions of the General Ledger and prepare journal entries, with accuracy and in compliance with US GAAP
- Perform account analysis, reconciliations, and documentation of supporting schedules with timely follow up of reconciling items of balance sheet accounts including but not limited to: fixed assets, accrued expenses, prepaids, current assets and cash
- Prepare and execute uploads into accounting system
- Process and review company expenses for multiple entities and ensure complete and correct GL coding in a timely manner
- Provide ad-hoc reporting and analysis as needed
- Support annual audit ensure timely completion of audit schedules and tasks
- Assist with building and maintaining a strong internal control environment
- Review of assigned general ledger accounts and cost centers through regular preparation of reports and appropriate support materials
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related course of study and 1 or more years of accounting experience
- Familiarity with accounting and financial control principles
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and collaboration skills.
- Sound business judgment for anticipating, diagnosing, and solving operational issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to balance and successfully complete multiple priorities on time
- Strong organizational skills with a heavy process orientation
- Biotech experience preferred
Equal Opportunity Workplace: At BlueRock, we welcome and support differences and diversity and we are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Please let us know if you require disability-related accommodation or other grounds protected by human rights legislation during the recruitment process so that we can work with you to meet your needs.