Internship - Business Systems Analyst
Position Summary: The Summer Intern - Business Systems Analyst will work side by side with the current Manager of Research Informatics at Arrowhead Pharmaceuticals, Inc. The intern will learn the drug development process in a Pharma/Biotech set up, as well as standard practices of Information Systems utilized to enable this process. The intern will also work closely with both business partners and technological experts to assist in the development, implementation and support of various research application systems. These will include learning to analyze business requirements, transforming them into system requirements and deploying the most appropriate strategies accordingly. This individual will learn how to best perform at the interface of business and technology environment, utilizing analytical and problem-solving skills towards more smooth application development experience.
This position can be based in San Diego, CA or Madison, WI.
· Informatics, Chemistry or Biology major, Computer science major a plus
· Enjoy critical thinking, problem-solving, organization and communication
· Love working within a dynamic and innovative pharmaceutical R&D environment
· Curious about challenges and limitations in both scientific and technological fields
· Work with cross-functional teams collaboratively
· Review, analyze and communicate on data from different sources
· Help devise creative solutions addressing business pain points or opportunities
This position can be located in Madison, WI or San Diego, CA