Human Resources Practicum/Internship, Part-time, Chattanooga
Location: Chattanooga, TN, US
Company: Dover Corporation
Environmental Solutions Group encompasses industry-leading brands — Heil Environmental, Marathon, Bayne, The Curotto-Can, 3rd Eye, and Soft-Pak — to create a premier, fully integrated equipment group serving the solid waste and recycling industry. Through extensive voice-of-customer outreach, in-house engineering and manufacturing capabilities, a wide-reaching service network, and proven industry expertise, Environmental Solutions Group is focused on solving customer problems through environmentally responsible products and providing world-class support. For more information, visit www.doveresg.com.
ESG is a Dover Corporation operating company. Dover is a diversified global manufacturer and solutions provider with annual revenue of approximately $7 billion. We deliver innovative equipment and components, consumable supplies, aftermarket parts, software and digital solutions, and support services through five operating segments: Engineered Products, Fueling Solutions, Imaging & Identification, Pumps & Process Solutions and Refrigeration & Food Equipment. Dover combines global scale with operational agility to lead the markets we serve. Recognized for our entrepreneurial approach for over 60 years, our team of over 23,000 employees takes an ownership mindset, collaborating with customers to redefine what's possible. Headquartered in Downers Grove, Illinois, Dover trades on the New York Stock Exchange under "DOV." Additional information is available at dovercorporation.com.
Operating Company: Environmental Solutions Group
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Department: Human Resources
This position will support multiple areas in Human Resources (HR) for all locations. The position will support Compensation and Benefits, Talent Development, Talent Management, Training, and Employee Relations, Payroll and Administration, and others as needed, to obtain a more comprehensive HR experience.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
- Assist with all HR functions including employee relations, talent development, compensation and benefits, training, and development within the HR Function.
- Assist with HR projects that support emerging HR initiatives.
- Assist with the data collection and adherence to project deadlines related to job duties and functions for designated area.
- Assist the HR Helpline team with data entry, payroll support, and other duties as needed.
- Assist in new employee orientations to support ensuring employees gain understanding of Environmental Solutions Group.
- Develop and coordinate initiatives for employee retention, job satisfaction and effective employee relations.
- Assist in cross-functional projects, partnering with other departments such as marketing.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Human Resources or Administration.
- One to three years of experience in Human Resources and/or working toward a Human Resources degree or related field preferred.
- Prior experience working with a HRIS system preferred.
- Sound decision making and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical experience preferred.
- Personal computer experience with a high degree of proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel required.
- It is essential that this individual be proficient and professional at communicating with employees.
- Works with a minimum amount of guidance and supervision.
- Ability to problem-solve, thing creatively and be proactive.
- Exercises a high-level degree of judgment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Ethics and Work Standards: Maintain the highest ethical and work standards, while promoting the same attributes in co-workers and others. Ensure that all business activities – with both internal and external customers – to be performed with a professional demeanor and that all participants be held accountable to this high standard.
Communication: Expresses thoughts clearly, both orally and in writing, using good grammar. Presents concise, well-organized reports in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Listens to understand input, feedback and concerns. Provides complete information in an open, honest and straightforward manner. Responds promptly and positively to questions and requests.
Teamwork and Relationships: Works with other employees willingly and in a spirit of cooperation and teamwork. Supports cooperation. Demonstrates a commitment to the entire business and is supportive of all initiatives (company and departmental) to help grow Environmental Solutions Group business in the United States and abroad. Cooperates fully with others to achieve organizational goals. Is tactful, courteous, and considerate. Embraces a positive outlook. Is respected and trusted by others.
Continual Improvement and Problem Resolution: Identifies and communicates suggestions for work improvements. Uses technical and analytical abilities to assure existing work practices are the most efficient and cost effective possible. Performs root-cause analysis and implements viable, permanent solutions to problems. Works with both internal and external customers to develop solutions which meet company-wide needs and objectives. Applies a sense of urgency to resolve problems or creates opportunities that will increase productivity and create value. Shares best practices with other employees across the business.
Accountability: Accepts responsibility and accessibility for both the strategic planning and the successful implementation of all projects, programs, and duties as outlined in this job description. Advises supervisor of concerns, problems and progress of work in a timely manner.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or any other factors prohibited by law.