2022 Fall Development Intern (Remote)
APPLY THROUGH EXTERNAL LINKS. SUBMIT RESUME WITH APPLICATION.
The Partnership for Public Service is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization dedicated to building a better government and a stronger democracy. We believe that our future and our democracy depend on our ability to solve big problems—and that we need an effective federal government to do so. For more than 20 years, we have helped make this vision a reality, helping our government—the public institution most fundamental to our democracy—address current and future challenges.
Our staff is diverse in experience and perspective, but at our core we share a lot of the same traits. We are mission-driven, creative, collaborative, optimistic and inclusive.
Our work is strategic, fast-paced and guided by our values:
- Passion for public service and our work toward a more effective government.
- People who promote a culture of learning, leadership, collaboration, inclusion and respect
- Persistence to drive change, take strategic risks and deliver results
- Promise to be trustworthy, nonpartisan and fiscally responsible
We hire smart and friendly people who are great at what they do and good to one another in the process.
The Partnership’s fundraising efforts extend across the organization and focus on ensuring long-term financial viability. The Development team identifies, cultivates and secures financial and in-kind support for the Partnership’s programs and activities.
The Development intern will learn the basics of nonprofit fundraising and relationship management, including how to conduct prospect research, cultivate new donors and work with our corporate sponsors and other existing supporters.
Specific responsibilities may include: identifying and researching prospective sponsorship and foundation grant opportunities; drafting correspondence related to Partnership programs; providing support for internal and external meetings, including preparing, note-taking and observing; assisting with mailings or email invitation sends; and tracking and acknowledging incoming donations using our customer management system (Salesforce). Exceptional written and spoken communication skills are essential.
This position typically reports to an associate or associate manager.
This job operates in a professional office environment in Washington, DC. This position requires consistent use of office equipment such as computer, telephone, printer and scanner. Please note that as a result of COVID-19, Partnership staff are currently working remotely with the option of coming into the office.
EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
Business hours are Monday-Friday, 9 am to 6 pm, though exact work hours may vary depending on availability and need. Academic schedules will be accommodated; a part-time schedule may be considered. There may be occasional early morning or evening activities required.
PUBLIC SERVICE INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
The Public Service Internship Program is an opportunity for undergraduate and graduate students as well as recent graduates to contribute to the Partnership’s mission while developing valuable professional skills.
Fall 2022 internships available in:
- Communications: ideal for those interested in communications, marketing, event planning
- Development: ideal for those interested in nonprofit fundraising and relationship management
- Government Affairs: ideal for those interested in the legislative process and federal policies
- Leadership Development: ideal for those interested in organizational and leadership development
- HR and Operations: ideal for those interested in nonprofit operations/management, talent acquisition, project management, human resources
- Center for Presidential Transition: ideal for those interested in presidential transition
- Research, Analysis and Program Evaluation: ideal for those interested in social science research
- Federal Hiring and Employee Engagement: ideal for those interested in data collection and analysis, relationship management, event planning and logistics, and the federal hiring process
- Federal Executive Network: ideal for those interested in project management, data collection and analysis, relationship management, event planning and logistics, customer service, and the federal hiring process
Specific internship position descriptions are available at https://ourpublicservice.org/about/work-with-us/public-service-internship-program/
Interns receive the following compensation:
- Full-time interns will receive $1500 per month
- Part-time intern compensation will be pro-rated accordingly
If travel occurs, it is local and during the business day.
Must be based in the United States for the duration of the internship.
The Partnership is an inclusive organization that fosters learning, collaboration and respect. We actively recruit for diversity in our workplace, believing that a range of backgrounds, perspectives and experiences contributes to our mission of revitalizing government. The Partnership for Public Service is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any applicants for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability; or on any other basis prohibited by law.
All Partnership employees, regardless of position or physical location, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. For new employees, a simple unnotarized copy of the official vaccination card or a notarized COVID-19 Vaccination Form attesting to full vaccination must be provided to human resources within two weeks after the start date.
If you believe you qualify for an exception from the requirements of this policy, for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs, you must provide a letter (on letterhead) from your doctor or clergy to the Vice President of Human Resources. The Partnership will explore potential reasonable accommodations for you that would not cause undue hardship to the Partnership. However, such reasonable accommodations are not required and cannot be guaranteed.
Students should consult with academic faculty to determine if this experience will earn credit