Inside Sales Representative (Hybrid)
“We build, connect, power and protect the world.”
As an Inside Sales Rep you have a relentless desire and aptitude to prospect and drive growth opportunities within the marketplace. You will interact with existing customers, primarily by phone and email, to increase sales of the company's products and/or services by obtaining and up-selling orders. You will be creating customer satisfaction and adding value to the customer's buying experience by building and supporting customer relationships.
- Obtaining orders through email and telephone calls, verifying and enter items, transfers orders to fulfillment, and explaining stock -outs and expected delivery dates.
- Prepare, generate and follow up on verbal or written quotations to secure orders or figure out reason for loss of order.
- Owning, qualifying and developing opportunities passed from marketing, outside sales, and national accounts.
- Responsible for providing an overall excellent customer service experience with a focus on building and supporting customer relationships and ensuring customer success.
- Opportunities for cold calling and prospect development are available.
- High school diploma or GED required (Associates or higher preferred).
- 2 years or more of: customer service, sales, hospitality, or other relevant experience required.
- Experience with prospecting, upselling, account management, and other related skills required.
- Comfortable with negotiating and resolving conflict required.
- Having knowledge of supply chain distribution or electrical industry highly preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office required (knowledge of Consumer Relationship Management software, a plus!)
- Able to work independently with little supervision.
- Continuous improvement mindset required.
Please apply even if you feel you do not meet all the requirements. We would love to learn more about you!
Why work for WESCO?
From our Sales Development Training Opportunity, Veteran Talent Network, and other internal growth opportunities; WESCO is committed to your career development.
- Competitive base salary with commission.
- Comprehensive health benefits (Health, Dental, Vision, 401k)
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement.
- Internal growth a top priority here at WESCO.
- An exciting opportunity to jump start your career in sales.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. It is our policy to not discriminate against any job applicant or employee based on age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status or any other protected status. This policy includes but is not limited to the following: recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, compensation, selection for training including apprenticeship, layoff, or termination.
About the Team
WESCO International, Inc. (NYSE: WCC), a publicly traded FORTUNE 250 company, is a leading provider of business-to-business distribution, logistics services and supply chain management solutions. Pro forma 2019 annual sales were over $17 billion, including Anixter International which it acquired in June 2020.
WESCO offers a best-in-class product and services portfolio of Electrical and Electronic Solutions, Communications and Security Solutions, and Utility and Broadband Solutions. The company employs over 18,000 people, maintains relationships with over 30,000 suppliers, and serves more than 150,000 customers worldwide. With nearly 1.5 million products, end-to-end supply chain services, and leading digital capabilities, WESCO provides innovative solutions to meet customer needs across commercial and industrial businesses, contractors, government agencies, institutions, telecommunications providers, and utilities.
WESCO operates nearly 800 branch and warehouse locations in over 50 countries, providing a local presence for customers and a global network to serve multi-location businesses and multi-national corporations.
At WESCO, we build, connect, power, and protect the world. We have the capabilities and expertise to deliver the latest technologies, including: Industrial networking, Intelligent buildings, Cloud computing, Alternative energy, Broadband communications, Critical infrastructure protection, LED lighting retrofits, and Physical security.