P220190 - Staff Assistant - Financial Management
The Financial Management department at the University at Buffalo is seeking a Staff Assistant who will be responsible for handling various financial related duties to include:
- Establish and maintain the Campus wide UB Marketplace web based payment/purchasing system to include code maintenance/listings, processing refunds, building products, answering questions as needed
- Participate in implementation training and provide guidance to departments on how to set up new UB Marketplace online stores
- Collaborate with Cost accounting group to ensure fee rates are approved and accurate
- Complete internal audits of Marketplace activities to ensure units have standard operating procedures in place for charges/refunds and other functions
- Migrate fees and other events from prior payment/purchasing system to UB Marketplace
- Review and approve the transfer of revenue between accounts and process to general ledger
- Coordinate banking functions to include issuance of checks, reconciliation of accounts, maintaining accurate check data in accordance with Treasury Compliance
- Accountable for the draw down of various loan and aid dollars with continual analysis and monitoring of balances in Federal accounts and reconciliation between areas
- Design and implement website modifications for IFR/Revenue & Treasury Management group
- Facilitate the creation and distribution of various fiscal year-end close processes that are shared with Campus units
The successful candidate must be highly organized and detail oriented, with the ability to multi task. The selected individual should possess strong computer skills and a high degree of discretion with sensitive financial data. Excellent written and strong communication skills are also essential for this position.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages.
About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
A minimum of 1 year experience in a business office
Experience in dealing with customers at various levels
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and in keeping with our commitment, encourages women, minorities, persons with disabilities and veterans to apply.