US Associate Analyst - EIG Latin America Department
Credit Agricole Corporate & Investment Bank’s EIG (Energy & Infrastructure Group) Latin America team is seeking a recent college graduate who has experience in the Financial Industry. The ideal candidate will demonstrate strong sense of initiative, be able to work under pressure and have an understanding of banking and capital markets, as well as a strong desire to gain professional experience in the Latin American region.
The US Associate program offers an opportunity for recent college graduates interested in finance and investment banking to join as an Analyst the project finance Latin American team and actively participate in this fast-paced and challenging industry. We provide our US Associates with the tools necessary for professional growth and career advancement. The US Associate experience fosters the opportunity to connect with people who can help guide the candidate’s career.
The Analyst position will be available for a maximum of 2 years. The goal of the US Associate program is to develop the ideal candidate into a full-time position at the end of the two years.
As an Analyst for one of the business origination teams based in New York that is focused on sourcing new business in the Latin American energy & infrastructure sectors, the candidate will support the Transactors on the team in their efforts to pitch for business, formulate proposals, process credit applications and close financings. Importantly, a critical part of the learning experience during the first year will also include managing specific transactions of the existing portfolio.
· Support the Group’s efforts in managing the portfolio of existing project finance loans to energy and infrastructure projects across Latin America, including performing annual reviews, preparing material for approval of waivers and amendments.
· Build/review a financial model based on the contracts and agreements terms and economic assumptions. Maintain/acquire/improve skills to competently handle financial modelling assignments.
· Support the preparation of proposals to clients identifying the specifics of the project, indicative terms and conditions, CACIB credentials and the team organization.
· Support team’s efforts to execute financial advisory assignments as assigned.
· Participating in preparation of business opportunity memorandum as well as credit applications including a description of the transaction, presentation of the main features, especially focusing on risk analysis, to be presented amongst others to management and risk department.
· Completing all the internal worksheets and applications (rating grid, environmental screening, profitability calculation, know your customer forms and other compliance items).
· Liaising among various internal and external stakeholders including middle and back office, Agent banks and participating banks involved in the ongoing portfolio management of loan transactions.
· Responding to internal requests, including audit, internal control, new activity & product committees, new operational processes committees.
· Support the monitoring of KYC / Client on-boarding / Compliance efforts
- BA or BS Degree in finance, economics or related field
- 0 to 2 years of cumulative relevant experience
- CFA designation, or preparation toward, a plus.
- Prior experience building and reviewing financial models.
- Familiarity with energy and infrastructure projects.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Elementary Spanish a plus
- Experience building and reviewing financial models.
- Familiarity with energy and infrastructure projects is not required but a definite plus.
VACCINATION POLICY: MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED