Student Office Support Assistant
Overview of Department: IUPUI Campus Career and Advising Services promotes the integration of academic and career planning through educator-facing and employer-facing services.
The Student Office Support Assistant for IUPUI's Campus Career and Advising Services will
- Contact graduated students via phone to conduct first destination survey; maintaining confidentiality of information disclosed (35%)
- Review and affiliate job postings and internships to IUPUI Handshake job-posting system and respond to employer question (following a standardized rubric) (45%)
- Respond to general office questions/comments via e-mail and phone communication, typically from employers, occasionally from students (20%)
Learning outcomes as defined by the IUPUI Profiles of Undergraduate Learning:
Through their work in this position, students will become acquainted with the following profiles:
- Communicator: Students in this position will build professional communication skills through working one-on-one with the team of professionals in our office, managing office communications with external and internal employee partners, and listening to graduated students to collect information.
- Problem Solver: Students will collaborate with team members to collect and analyze data from First Destination Survey. Students will also learn how to navigate needs of others quickly via phone and email and direct them to other offices/contacts as necessary.
Qualifications: All majors are welcome to apply; must be pursuing an undergraduate degree
Applicants should possess:
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Ability to take initiative
- Ability to learn new technology and software program
Applicants must be available to complete 15 hours per week during regular business hours (M-F 9am-5pm).