Associate Lighting Supervisor
POSITION: Associate Lighting Supervisor
POSITION TYPE: Full Time Exempt
REPORTS TO: Lighting Supervisor, Director of Production
Olney Theatre Center is seeking an Associate Lighting Supervisor to join the Production team. Olney Theatre Center for the Arts produces and curates theatrical performance for the diverse audiences in our community, and educates, learns from, supports and inspires a more inclusive generation of theater-makers. Olney Theatre Center produces nine shows as part of their Main Stage season along with the National Players Tour and additional Curated Events. The Associate Lighting Supervisor will report directly to the Lighting Supervisor. The successful candidate will join a growing regional theatre that emphasizes artistic rigor, prioritizes equity, diversity and inclusion, and places collaboration at the center of our work.
As part of a welcoming and creative organization the Associate Associate Lighting Supervisor will assist the Lighting Supervisor in the following areas:
● Managing the Electrics Department
● Set up and maintenance of all lighting systems and equipment in each of the theatre’s producing spaces (Main Stage, Theatre Lab, Historic Theatre and Root Family Stage)
● Serve as programmer for most OTC productions
● Assist in the recruitment and mentorship of OTC’s annual Electrics Apprentices
● Work with the Lighting Supervisor to implement a training program for incoming apprentices and the National Player who is in charge of lights
● Assist with Special Events and rentals as needed
SKILLS AND VALUES REQUIRED
● Investment in OTC’s Mission, Vision and Values, and its Statement on Social Justice and Becoming Anti-Racist.
● A minimum of 2 years experience working within the field of theatrical lighting
● Have advanced knowledge of lighting software, including but not limited to Vectorworks, LightWright and ETC systems, specifically EOS family consoles
● Strong leadership skills and be a team player
● Have the ability to organize and catalog
SALARY AND START DATE
The anticipated start date is August 1st, 2022. Salary is $40,000 per annum. Olney Theatre Center offers a full benefits package, including a modest 403(b) match. Olney Theatre Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages candidates from diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply. Please visit www.olneytheatre.org for more details.
ABOUT OLNEY THEATRE CENTER
Located ten miles north of Washington, DC in arts-rich Montgomery County, Maryland, Olney Theatre Center is one of the Washington region's most critically acclaimed large theater companies. Founded in 1938 as a summer stock company on the Straw Hat circuit, OTC is now an $8M/year professional regional theater offering nine member productions annually in three spaces on its fourteen-acre campus. Legendary performers Tallulah Bankhead, Helen Hayes, Sir Ian McKellen, Tandy & Cronyn, and Olivia de Havilland trod the boards in the early days. With a more recent turn towards new work, creatives with Tony and Grammy Awards, OBIEs, and MacArthur Genius Grants have premiered their work here, like Moises Kaufman and Sergio Trujillo, among others. Along with Baltimore's Centerstage, Olney Theatre Center is one of Maryland's two state-designated theaters.