Middle School Music Teacher
Do you believe that all students can achieve academic success? Are you passionate about working with students and supporting them as they reach new heights in learning? Teachers at Alpha have the opportunity to create and safeguard opportunities for students in under-resourced communities while collaborating with a joyful team of educators committed to sending our scholars to college.
As an Elective Teacher, you will join the K-8 instructional team that upholds high expectations, fosters social development, and facilitates the intellectual growth of our scholars. Our Elective Teachers will approach instruction with patience, creativity, and a growth mindset, while using activities and instructional methods that will motivate our scholars.
We are seeking passionate individuals who embody Alpha’s mission, vision and core beliefs- teachers who believe that all students can learn, that our scholars belong in college, and that student growth is a reflection of the teacher’s practice. We are looking for educators who are reflective in their practice and are willing to engage in conversations around educational equity and inclusivity. At Alpha, you will uphold rigorous expectations for all students, while leading from a place of empathy and understanding. Alpha is fiercely entrepreneurial and we are focused on supporting our scholars as they grow into self-reliant leaders who will achieve success in their school, college, and career. We're committed to finding educators who value and amplify the diverse experiences of our scholars and their families, and who care deeply about addressing the inequities that exist in education.
What you’ll do...
Design Elective classes for grades K-8
● Preference for those interested in teaching A rt, Music, Technology, Computer
Science, or Spanish
Lead an academically rigorous classroom through activities such as:
- ● Develop lesson plans and supplementary materials for chosen Elective
- ● Establish and maintain standards of scholar behavior for a productive learning
- environment during class sessions
- ● Assess and analyze scholars’ performance and progress to ensure they are mastering developmental skills regularly, and responding to data to support all scholars to achieve academic success
- ● Communicate with parents and school counselors on scholar progress