Excel Fall 2022 Associate Program – Communications (New York)
Job Title: Excel Fall 2022 Associate Program – Communications (New York)
Location: New York
Excel Sports Management is an industry-leading sports agency representing top-tier talent, blue-chip brands and marquee properties. We pride ourselves in inclusivity and providing access and opportunity to deserving and motivated candidates with a passion to work in sports while making meaningful connections within the industry.
Our Associate program is a paid opportunity that allows participants to contribute to the organization’s success while at the same time applying learnings from the classroom. This semester we will continue with a hybrid program (subject to change based on company covid policies) and will offer each participant the opportunity to gain in-office experience for approximately 3-days a week.
All Associates are expected to work 24-30 hours a week during the session. While each Associate will be working with a specific division, they will have the opportunity to learn about other areas within Excel, through lunch and learns held throughout the semester.
Our Fall Program runs from Monday September 12th, 2022, up to Mid-December.
9:00 am‐6:00 PM ET, Monday-Friday OR as agreed upon with advisor. Days in office must be coordinated with Advisor’s schedules.
Our Associates must:
· Be available to work 24-30 hours per week.
· Be available to report to the New York City Excel Office Location approximately 3-days a week.
· Be fully vaccinated as defined by the CDC.
· Have a senior standing in college (must have completed your junior year of undergrad)
· Be enrolled in a graduate school
· Have a bachelor’s or postgraduate degree.
· Have or had a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
· Submit a copy of your transcript.
· Submit resume.
· Selected candidates will be scheduled for a video interview after the July 15th application cut-off date (or sooner).
· If selected, offers will be extended to candidates the week of August 1st.
· The program will begin on September 12th with Orientation at 12:00PM ET.
Communications Associate Expectations:
· Supports in the monitoring of media placements for client coverage.
· Assists the Communications team with research on clients, media outlets and reporters for potential coverage opportunities.
· Will learn to develop and curate innovative storylines for clients.
· Will learn to create and help activate grassroots sports marketing programs for Hospital for Special Surgery.
· Will develop relationships with local reporters and pitch clients for feature stories.
· Assist across the Communications Department to help create pitch opportunities for the agency as well as Brand Marketing clients.
· Will learn to use and utilize public relations programs like Cision to research and develop media lists.
· Will have access to the Excel team for industry advice and learnings.
· May occasionally be assigned projects outside the Communications group to gain exposure to other divisions within Excel.
· Will participate in end of year learning experience and capstone project as required of all Excel interns.
Thank you for your interest in Excel!
Best of luck in this process as well as your future endeavors!