Healthier Moms and Babies is nonprofit organization whose mission is to reduce infant mortality and improve birth outcomes in our community. Healthier Moms and Babies provides several comprehensive programs which are designed to educate, empower, and inspire families to make positive changes that will impact the outcome of the pregnancies, their lives and the lives of their families.
Healthier Moms and Babies is seeking a part-time therapist to expand its capacity to provide direct access to well woman care and maternity care services with the goal of reducing barriers and address health disparities among high risk and underserved women. Within the Healthy Start program and reporting the Maternal Mental Health Director, will support Healthier Moms and Babies goals of addressing maternal mental health in our community.
The part-time therapist provides direct service to participants including the following core services: diagnostic and assessment, counseling, and psychotherapy, facilitate groups to support mental health, as well as phone outreach and psychoeducation as needed. The therapist will provide care coordination to participants and will collaborate with medical providers to support care coordination.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide evidenced-based treatment such as Child Parent and Psychotherapy (CPP), Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT), and Motivational Interviewing (MI);
- Provide crisis interventions;
- Provide information and referral to participants for community resources;
- Develop, implement, and monitor individualized treatment plans;
- Facilitates group psycho-education intervention groups;
- When needed, participate in community outreach and education efforts.
- Create a culture of respect including awareness of ethical, culturally sensitive, and trauma-informed interactions;
- Conduct depression screenings for enrollees by utilizing the Edinburgh Depression Scale as an assessment tool and conducts Stress Reduction Groups for program participants to enhance client resiliency;
- Maintains confidentiality of all client records and information as specified by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability of Act of 1996;
- Demonstrate good clinical judgement and decision making;
- Attend the training and certification for the Perinatal Mental Health Certificate (PMHC) through Post-Partum Support International;
- Maintain timely and accurate clinical records in accordance with organization policies;
- Maintain effective working relationships with clinical team and community referral sources;
- Maintain necessary communications and reporting with referral sources and other involved parties as approved by client;
- Complete other duties as assigned