Software Engineer, Backend
Earnin is a community-supported financial platform with a suite of tools that let people take control of their financial future. Earnin started out by solving one of the greatest – and least discussed – inequities in the American financial system: the practice of employers paying workers bi-weekly.
Earnin's core product, Cash Out, allows people to access the pay they've already earned. There are no loans or hidden costs. People pay what they choose. Other products include: Balance Shield, which helps prevent overdrafts, a financial calendar that helps people budget and schedule payments, and Tip Yourself - a revolutionary free social savings app.
Funding: Series C, current funding partners include Andreessen Horowitz, DST, Matrix Partners, Ribbit Capital, Felicis Ventures and March Capital.
Come help us build a new financial system that is focused on fairness and people’s needs. Earnin is a place where you can help make a difference!
About the team
We're on a mission to reinvent the financial system and make it work for people. We are looking for passionate and resourceful engineers to join our backend teams. You will have the opportunity to make an impact with your technical contributions and how people think about money. While we are based out of our Headquarters in Palo Alto, CA, we welcome our employees to “work from anywhere”. Currently, we are considering candidates across the US, Canada and Latin America.
Our current team is largely composed of experienced, senior engineers who are excellent mentors. Many of them have worked in elite tech giants such as Meta, Apple, Amazon, Netflix, Google, Uber, Dropbox, etc.
As a backend engineer you will work cross functionally with various teams and will have the opportunity to contribute to the design and development of our backend services. We know you’ll learn a ton and have fun doing it!
The experience you'll have
- Build a disruptive product that inspires fairness across the financial world.
- High impact work at a hyper-growth Fintech company.
- Fast-paced but yet rigorous Engineering practices, working alongside experienced, senior engineers from the elite tech giants.
- We are a collaborative team and genuinely enjoy working with each other.
- We believe in empowering our people to be successful.
- Mentors are assigned on day one to ensure your ongoing professional development and success.
Critical skills required to being a backend engineer
- Bachelor's or equivalent experience in computer science, computer engineering or a related technical discipline or equivalent industry experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and a bias towards action and results.
Earnin does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws. Earnin is an E-Verify participant.
Earnin does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers or People Experience Team.