Staff Engineer/Scientist - Portland, OR
Staff Environmental Scientist/Engineer/Geologist – Portland, OR (Full Time, Regular)
Are you a recent geology or environmental science graduate with a passion for cleaning up the environment? If you want to get your hands dirty, if you want to be challenged, if you want to harmonize our planet and the people who call it home — then GeoEngineers wants you. We guide our clients in the delicate dance between human needs and natural systems, collaborating to find creative solutions along the way. Jumpstart your career today. Join our team of multi-disciplinary earth science gurus, and see what we can accomplish, together.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
As a Staff Environmental Scientist/Engineer/Geologist, you will be responsible for many field-related aspects of large and small-scale environmental projects, including preparation of Phase I and Phase II ESAs, soil and ground water sampling and data analysis, as well as monitoring remedial projects and field explorations. You will also be responsible for documenting field conditions and writing field reports. In addition, you will be managing, evaluating and interpreting chemical, geologic, hydrogeologic, biological and other environmental data, and preforming chemical calculations.
- B.S. in Environmental Science, Engineering, Geology, or a related field required. M.S. preferred
- 1-2 years of related environmental field experience preferred, but not required.
- Strong field orientation and proven problem-solving skills required.
- Professional-level verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to consistently meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability/willingness to travel.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Completion of 40 hour OSHA training preferred.
- WA or OR Engineer-In-Training (EIT) certification or Geologist-In-Training (GIT) preferred.
Our Commitment to Belonging at GeoEngineers
When people feel they can bring their whole selves to work, that they have a voice and are supported and respected, it creates trust and a feeling of belonging— employees then flourish, grow their careers, and do the best work of their lives. They are more innovative and creative, more productive, and better able to serve our clients and communities. A culture of belonging allows our employees to thrive and our company to prosper. This is a journey. We are committed to doing the work, learning, and evolving as we go.
GeoEngineers is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
To apply for this position and learn more about life at GeoEngineers, visit our website at www.geoengineers.com.