Mental Health Practitioner
Metropolitan Family Services empowers families to learn, to earn, to heal, to thrive. Part mentor, part motivator, part advocate, since 1857, Metropolitan Family Services has been the engine of change that empowers families to reach their greatest potential and positively impact their communities. Metropolitan is Illinois’ first comprehensive human services agency and reaches more than 163,000 individuals and families in Chicago, Evanston/Skokie, the southwest suburbs and DuPage County with services promoting education, economic stability, emotional wellness and empowerment.
We are currently searching for a full-time Mental Health Practitioner to join our Calumet team!
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- At a beginning level of skill, using a multi-disciplinary, multi-service, and systemic approach provides a range of office, community, and home-based services to clients.
- Does comprehensive, in-depth assessments for a variety of program services. Does intake as assigned.
- Provides a full range of case management, group therapy, family and individual counseling, advocacy educational and related services.
- Learns and utilizes agency and community resources.
- Assesses community conditions affecting clients to identify resource gaps and problems.
- Recommends financial assistance for clients.
- Provides group services as indicated by program need.
- May be responsible for meeting contractual requirements such as 24-hour coverage.
- Represents and interprets programs of agency in community.
- May serve on regional or agency-wide committees.
- Meets agency expectation for quantity of direct service.
- Complies with agency record-keeping expectations.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Works effectively with diverse staff and service population.
- Responsible for academic performance monitoring
- Responsible for referrals and linkages
- May complete Workshops
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology or Counseling from an accredited college or university required.
- One year related post-masters experience preferred.
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC) preferred.
- Must have access to a vehicle, valid driver's license and proof of insurance to perform essential job functions, required.
- Employment with MFS requires proof of vaccination or an approved Medical exemption, required.
- Demonstrates the ability to establish effective relationships with teens and understand the issues facing teens in foster care, their caregivers and caseworkers.
- Demonstrates the ability to deliver the same services to those teen moms and dads who have developmental disabilities.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Collaborates effectively with the other members of the care-giving team
- Ability to work effectively with diverse individuals and groups.
- While performing the essential duties of this job, the employee is required to sit and stand for sustained periods of time, frequently talk, hear, use hands and fingers to feel, handle and operate objects or controls, and occasionally stand, bend, stretch, stoop, kneel and crouch.
- The employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing and viewing a computer terminal.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- MFS staff are required to provide proof of vaccination or have an approved Medical exemption prior to starting employment. If an approved Medical exemption is obtained, weekly testing is required.
Metropolitan Family Services offers a very generous benefits packet to our professionals:
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield Medical Coverage: HMO, Traditional PPO, or PPO w/ health savings contributions.
- Dental and Vision Insurance Options
- 11 paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Flexible Spending
- Opportunities for Student Loan Forgiveness
- 401K Plan
- Training and Professional Development Plan
- E- Learning
- Wellness Initiative Program
- Employee Assistance Network
Verbal and Written Communication
Masters or better in Counseling Psychology or related field.
Masters or better in Social Work or related field.
1 year: Related post-masters experience.
Licenses & Certifications
Licensed Social Work
Licensed Clinical P
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)