Engineer 1 - Electrical
Loureiro Engineering Associates has an immediate need for an Engineer 1 focused on Electrical Engineering to expand our mechanical electrical and plumbing (MEP) engineering team. Our goal is to employ the right individuals to be a part of our team, learning and working with experienced professionals who will help provide the formal training and mentoring needed to grow professionally and strive toward the opportunities that Loureiro can offer.
Our MEP engineering team supports our clients through the entire lifecycle of a project from conceptual design through construction. We work directly with our vertical construction company Loureiro Building Contractors LLC to deliver projects in a variety of contracting methods including design/build format. Our mission is to be an Indispensable Partner to our clients, and help them make informed and educated decisions on their construction projects. We build what we design, and engineers in our team gain real world experience in the field.
You will work on a number of diverse projects and will be able to see how the Company’s core values- integrity, client satisfaction, quality, work environment, safety and health, and sustainability are instilled in every project and in every employee.
- Design electrical components for industrial, educational and commercial facilities. Systems to include power distribution, lighting, communications, fire alarm, security and controls.
- Perform engineering calculations to support the design of electrical systems;
- Prepare engineering drawings in electronic drafting software including AutoCAD and Revit with support from our CAD designers;
- Perform arc-flash field studies, prepare 1-line diagrams in SKM software, and prepare written reports.
- Conduct energy audits for our industrial and manufacturing clients to identify opportunities for energy savings and energy conservation measures.
- Calculate energy savings for energy conservation projects, and return on investment calculations for energy conservation measures;
- Performing data analysis using logger software as well as Excel applications;
- Writing detailed reports on energy reduction opportunities;
- Collaborate with other focus areas within Facility Engineering Division including mechanical, electrical, and Plumbing (MEP), and energy.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering 0-2 years of experience;
- Engineer in Training (EIT) certification is a plus
- Previous experience performing work in an industrial and manufacturing setting is a plus
Loureiro Engineering Associates, Inc. (Loureiro) is an employee owned (ESOP), full-service multi-disciplinary consulting firm with operations in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Missouri, and the District of Columbia. Loureiro’ s areas of expertise include the integration of the highest quality engineering, construction, environmental health & safety, energy, laboratory analytical, and waste management services.
EEO/AAP Statement: Loureiro Engineering Associates Inc. is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.