Civil Project Engineer
Loureiro Engineering Associates, Inc. (Loureiro) has an immediate opening for a Civil Project Engineer to join our team in our Plainville, CT Office. The successful candidate will perform a wide range of civil engineering tasks.
- Knowledge of Civil site design, and permitting in Connecticut
- Research of information required for civil design efforts;
- Understand and apply state and local land use codes, regulations and guidelines for civil design efforts;
- Preparation of Site Plans, state and local permit applications, technical reports, and Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPPs)
- Read and understand engineering and survey drawings, maps, and details;
- Perform stormwater runoff calculations using Rational or TR-55 methods;
- Assist in preparation of proposal estimates of time and expense required to complete the project;
- Assist in analytical data management, assessment and reporting of on-site investigations;
- Participate in major project design decisions in conjunction with the Project Manager;
- Provide the technical expertise for projects to which assigned;
- May be delegated responsibility to maintain client contact throughout the development of the project;
- May serve as Project Manager on certain projects.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills;
- Excels working in a team environment;
- Ability to think critically and creatively;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong computer skills including MS Office, AutoCAD and HydroCAD or equivalent;
- Prior consulting experience, with the ability to manage multiple task assignments.
- BS in Civil Engineering or related degree;
- 4-7 years of civil engineering experience with a focus on land development;
- Proficient in site layout, grading, drainage, utility, stormwater management and subsurface sewage disposal system (SSDS) design;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills;
- EIT or PE license in Connecticut.
We are passionate about solving our clients’ problems and dedicated to providing them with exceptional service. Our team is intellectually curious and self-driven to advance each activity we undertake with purpose and passion. If this sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to have that first discussion of you joining our team.
Loureiro Engineering Associates, Inc. (Loureiro) is an employee owned (ESOP), full-service multi-disciplinary consulting firm with operations in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, North Carolina, California, and the District of Columbia. Loureiro’ s areas of expertise include the integration of the highest quality engineering, construction, environmental health & safety, energy, laboratory analytical, and waste management services.
EEO/AAP Statement Loureiro Engineering Associates Inc. is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.