Business Analyst I
Do you have a passion for innovation? Are you excited to leverage cutting-edge technology to solve big business problems? If your response to those questions is “yes”, we would love for you to join us! At OrangePeople we consult for some of the most prestigious brands in the world. But more importantly, our consultants have a voice in the vision and future of the company. At OrangePeople, our focus is people. It’s right there in our name.
Do you naturally look for the story and have a knack for translating that story into one that non-analytical minds can grasp and rally behind? A successful Business Analyst is someone who:
- Has a passion for answering difficult business questions with data-driven decision making
- Is creative and a logical thinker who likes to answer complex questions through rigorous analysis
- Has the ability to tell a synthesized, easy-to-follow data story
- Is comfortable working through complex, ambiguous, and innovative solutions to tell data-driven solutions
- Partners with team functions and product owners to outline & identify key measures that achieve long-term business goals and objectives
- Partners with Analytics & Engineering to generate actionable insights by designing and implementing solutions that tell the story of our various security products
- Participates in the entire product lifecycle from identification of business needs, communicating those needs to engineering teams, validating the solution, training, and driving adoption of the engineered solution
- Understands the business operations and organizational strategy to analyze and assess opportunities for optimization and growth
- Utilizes organizational strategy and breadth of knowledge to align projects/initiatives to organizational business drivers, goals, and objectives
- Effectively communicates with stakeholders and internal teams to deliver solutions in a timely fashion
- Recommends frameworks for data collection through the clear establishment of business workflows
- Be a thought leader on BI, creating new processes and solutions that help evolve how the team operates and generates value for our stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Math, Engineering, Business or related majors
- 1+ years of industry or equivalent academic experience
- Proficient with leveraging Tableau (or other visualization tools), MS Excel, Google Sheets, or other analytical applications
- 1+ years of experience in strategic consulting, business analysis, and/or technical program management
- Self-Starter – Ability to operate independently with little direction
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Participate in OrangePeople monthly team meetings, and participate in team-building efforts.
- Contribute to OrangePeople technical discussions, peer reviews, etc.
- Contribute content and collaborate via the OP-Wiki/Knowledge Base.
- Provide status reports to OP Account Management as requested.