Associate Rotation Program, MEO
Intelsat’s Rotational Associate Program is a highly competitive two-year program that provides recent graduates the opportunity to develop their technical skills in the communications industry at the forefront of satellite innovation. As a Rotational Associate, you will work for 8 months at a time, over a two-year period, in three different teams and experience the day-to-day responsibilities of the different career paths and work with different teams as they collaborate to achieve their goals.
If you are interested in launching your professional career in the satellite communications (SATCOM) industry, join Intelsat in one of our three Rotational Associate positions.
We are committed to providing you with a wide range of industry exposure and the opportunity to be selected for a full-time position upon successful completion of the program.
Intelsat’s Rotational Associate Program
In this track, you will utilize your education and skills and have the opportunity to make a lasting impact working with the Systems Innovation, System Validation and Product Management teams. Upon successful completion of the 24-month program, you will be promoted and placed accordingly into a role that will align with and build upon your experience.
- Comprehensive Orientation and training and coaching throughout the program
- Roundtable discussions with key members of the organization
- Guest speaker events to enhance business perspective
- Opportunities to present (concluding each 8-month rotation)
You should definitely have:
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, professionalism in dealing with and seeking creative solutions to problems, and exhibit maturity in the workplace
- Effective communicator in both written and spoken English
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in use of MS Office Suite, including analysis in Excel
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (mechanical, electrical, or aerospace), Physics, Computer Science or a relevant STEM field of study
- Hands-on experience in a lab environment
- Strong interest in satellite systems engineering, and/or modeling and simulation of communication systems.
It would be nice if you had:
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Any experience or Coursework in Communications theory, predictive engineering, signal processing, advance mathematics, network theory, applied linear algebra, astrodynamics and/or satellite engineering
- Knowledge of communication satellite system design with knowledge of satellite RF link budgets
- An interest in test and measurement
- An interest in aviation in general is a plus
Months 1-8 as an Associate, Space Systems
You will be part of the team designing and building our next generation software defined network, leveraging the latest in space and ground technologies from the terrestrial wireless and satellite industries.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams within Intelsat to define requirements for the Intelsat Medium Earth Orbit (MEO) satellite constellation, optimizing the constellation performance vs. cost.
- Develop conceptual designs of Intelsat’s new satellites and new satellite systems and perform technical analyses to support these new designs, including the communications payload on each satellite and the overall constellation.
- Develop requirements for the communications payloads onboard the MEO satellites.
- Help evaluate satellite designs as developed by satellite manufacturers.
- Participate in the procurement process of the MEO satellite constellation. Generate Requests for Information (RFI), Requests for Proposal (RFP) and technical contract documents for new satellites. Take part in evaluation and commenting on satellite proposals submitted in response to the RFI or RFP, providing inputs to management during contractor selection process.
- Evaluate and recommend new technologies for possible use on the MEO satellites.
Months 8-16 as an Associate, Systems Innovation
The System Modeling Innovation Rotational Associate will contribute to the continuing development of Intelsat’s state-of-the-art multi-platform simulation and analysis framework, which is being used to design and analyze Intelsat’s MEO constellation. The framework models Intelsat’s current and future platforms, including satellites, ground stations and aircraft to help guide engineering, operations and investments. This rotation will provide the RA with a unique mix of systems engineering and software development experience as it relates to non-geostationary constellations. The Innovation team is focused on ideation and development of unique concepts and methods for applying space and ground technologies to solve business problems and address new markets. The RA will experience and learn about:
- Non-geostationary space, ground and user system architectures
- Collaborative, agile software development
- End-to-end system engineering
- Business case development and analysis
Months 16-24 as an Associate, Product Terminals-Airborne Hardware
In this role, you will work with the airborne satcom team on the development of new technologies (antennas, antenna controllers, modems, etc.) for providing high-bandwidth connectivity to commercial aircraft. You will have opportunities to gain exposure to multiple aspects of the airborne hardware development process, which may include performance modelling, performance characterization, system integration, system optimization, and testing for airworthiness.
The overall substance of this role will be to advance the productization of a new type of antenna (an Electrically Scanned Array, or “ESA”) for use in delivering in-flight satellite connectivity services.
- You will work closely with experts in the field of RF design, performance simulation, avionics engineering, or subsystem engineering to help achieve this goal.
- Your specific tasks may include documentation of requirements or test results, assistance with test plan execution, management of engineering sub-projects, reporting results to stakeholders in the wider organization, or similar.
What it’s like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the world and improving lives by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
- We emphasize personal and professional growth
- Awesome benefits including PTO, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Fun, diverse, and inclusive global culture
Other Job Info:
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job
- Job requires ability to sit for long periods of time
This role is subject to ITAR; candidates must be a US Person.