Student Services Coordinator Associate
Student Services Coordinator Associate
Student Services Coord Assoc
The School of Electrical, Computer, & Energy Engineering (ECEE) seeks an energetic, self-motivated, customer service and team-oriented Student Services Coordinator Associate to join its Academic Advising team. The primary role will be to provide administrative support and excellent customer service to our current and prospective online and on-campus undergraduate and graduate students through phone, walk-in, and email correspondence. This person should be a multi-tasker who will serve as main point of contact for the Electrical Engineering Advising office and will supervise a team of student staff who support our advising team.
Advising & Admissions
Sch Elect Comptr & Energy Engr
Scope of Search
Grant Funded Position
This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding.
$35,568 - $41,000 per year; DOE
- Manage high-volume telephone, email, and customer relations management system correspondence.
- Coordinate advisor schedule/appointment calendar and webinar schedule
- Provide general support and outreach activities for undergraduate and graduate students as needed.
- Coordinate the flow of advising documents and maintain student files electronically
- Hire, train, and supervise student worker staff.
- Conduct outreach to newly admitted students
- Assist students with graduate admissions processes
- Use the following software to retrieve information and manage data: MS Office Suite, Salesforce Case Management, Peoplesoft , internet browsers, Zoom video conferencing, among others.
Bachelor's degree in field appropriate to area of assignment AND two years of administrative and appropriate program experience; OR, six years of progressively responsible administrative and appropriate program experience; OR, any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Experience with ASU academic structure and organization, academic programs, colleges and academic departments University -wide
- Experience with Student Services databases and Customer Service Management platforms (PeopleSoft, Salesforce, DARS, Dashboards)
- Experience with internet-based research tools and Microsoft Office computer applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point)
- Experience using video conferencing applications
- Experience in coordinating and participating in special events
- Experience working in high-volume, fast-paced customer service higher education environment
- Experience in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with peers, faculty, students, and administration
- Experience with demonstrating sensitivity to the needs of a diverse student population and can determine when a referral to other University resources is appropriate
- Experience in rapidly adapting and effectively utilizing new technology, practices, policies and methods
- Evidence of proven problem-solving and communication skills
- Use computer equipment and software
- Communicate orally and in writing
- Attend meetings and meet with prospective students
- Responds to inquiries to program information
The School of Electrical, Computer and Energy Engineering (ECEE) brings together university faculty, students and companies to develop collaborative relationships and solutions. Our degree programs in Electrical Engineering are widely recognized and offer opportunities for students to participate in research. Our research efforts are aligned with national and international efforts to address worldwide challenges in energy production and distribution, health care technology and delivery, sustainable development and economic growth, communications technology and information management, and global security.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/az-resources.
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.