The IT Intern will assist in the creation and the development of custom reports for PTS Diagnostics. The ideal candidate will have experience working with SQL, Reporting Tools, Excel and business intelligence. IT Intern will assist on projects ranging from updating existing Crystal Reports, SSRS, and helping build new Dashboards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
IT Intern is responsible for maintaining existing Reports, creating new SSRS Reports, and helping replacing the existing Dashboards with new ones based within SSRS. They are expected to be independent and are capable of planning and performing a variety of SQL and Reporting related tasks with only minimal supervision. IT Intern should have a basic understanding of SDLC and development best practices. Excellent written and oral communications skills are a must.
- Leads and works effectively with cross-functional teams (Regulatory, Quality, Research & Development and Operations, Commercial).
- Follows Report Validation Process
- Code, perform tests, and debug new reports and dashboards, while also making enhancements to existing reports
- Complete all phases of the software development process throughout the product life cycle, including research, modeling, designing, debugging, and maintaining processes
- Create, maintain, and update technical and system documentation as necessary
- Improve and optimize the efficiency of the various reports by implementing, monitoring, testing, and auditing new reports
Specialized knowledge and skills:
Experience with relevant SQL and Reporting tools, applications, and system architecture. Ability to quickly learn and apply new languages, frameworks, and technologies. Basic technical knowledge of both the information technology field and computer science. Experience with some programming languages and computer and web-related technologies, including VB .NET, HTML/CSS, and SQL.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Actively pursuing a degree in Computer Science or other related discipline
- Some prior experience with SQL and Report Development
- Experience developing or reporting with Sage 500 ERP is a plus
This position requires compliance to applicable quality system and regulatory requirements. This individual adopts a “quality in everything we do” approach to all aspects of the execution of responsibilities of this position. Through vigilance, this individual remains alert to any potential compliance situations, and must report such observations to managers and the Head of Quality.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PTS, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.