Student Assistant IV
This class describes full operating and/or skilled positions. Employees perform independently and require minimal supervision. Instruction is provided only for new or unusual situation. Employees possess all the relevant knowledge, experience or skill to perform duties independently. Generally requires 3-4 semesters or equivalent experience.
Nature of Work
The Colorado Cardiac Arrest Registry (C-CAR) Study within the Department of Emergency Medicine has an opening for a part-time Student Assistant IV to assist with our data quality and management program.
C-CAR is an ongoing epidemiologic, prospective, observational study of out of hospital cardiac arrest patients treated within the UCH Emergency Department. The Principal Investigator is Dr. Perman (PI), Associate Professor of Emergency Medicine at the University of Colorado. C-CAR research data are collected from UCH and stored within a REDCap database housed here at the University of Colorado.
The research team seeks an organized, fast working, and self-motivated student who can assist our team to perform data queries, quality checks, and data management in the EpiC database.
Responsibilities and Duties
· To review specific data elements and fields in the REDCap database
· To assess whether those data elements are accurate, complete, and/or consistent
· To review and update case enrollment logs and case tracking databases
· To compare data across various data sources (e.g., enrollment and tracking logs, REDCap)
· To compile organized and complete lists in Excel and Word
· To clearly communicate with our research team
· Other duties as required to help ensure data is of high quality and to meet grant objectives
· In general, to perform tasks with minimal supervision except for in complex situations
· Location: work may be performed from home or on the Anschutz Medical Campus.
· Hours: we require a minimum of 10-hours per week (maximum of 20-hours)
· Work hours/days: We require minimum of 3 work days per week (Mondays to Fridays), each work day minimum of 3-hours
· Enrolled in a graduate degree program
· Strong proficiency and experience using Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
· Experience working with a team of professionals
· Self-motivated and eager to learn
· Highly organized and good time management
· Education or work experience in public health, medicine, nursing or allied health
· Knowledge of data management, collection, quality control and/or analysis techniques