Unemployment Compensation Claims Intermittent Intake Interviewer
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania has a need for employees to serve in its unemployment compensation call centers. If you have customer service experience in call center, retail sales or restaurant setting, please apply! Experience the satisfaction of public service by helping citizens of the Commonwealth regarding unemployment compensation!
DESCRIPTION OF WORK
The Unemployment Compensation (UC) team assists customers with filing claims for unemployment compensation and answering questions. They provide services to all UC customers by gathering information and pertinent data from claimants and employers to validate UC claims.
These positions are headquartered at the Harrisburg UC Service Center and the positions will report onsite for at least the duration of the probationary period. Beyond such time, as determined by management and based upon operational requirements, these positions may be required to report onsite and/or telework from home.
You must have a personal computer (Windows 7 or 10), keyboard, mouse and high-speed internet access (High-speed internet, or broadband internet, is internet service with download speeds of at least 50 Mbps. Mobile Hot Spots, DSL, Dialup, and Satellite internet are not allowed for your internet connection due to connectivity issues) that you will be able to use when working from home, as required.
- Please note that Apple/Mac computer products are not acceptable for use.
- Please note that a computer is required. Cell phones cannot be utilized.
- If using a laptop, you must have a separate keyboard with the numeric keypad on the right side of the keyboard to use our system.
These positions often lead to higher-level, permanent careers within the UC office. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to help your fellow Pennsylvanians in their time of need – apply today!
Work Hours and Additional Information:
- Temporary, full-time employment
- Work Hours: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM; Monday - Friday; 30 minute lunch period
- Number of hours per day/week & daily schedules will vary and subject to operations; may include weekends.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this posting.
- You will have the opportunity to work from home (telework) part-time. In order to telework, you must have a securely configured high-speed internet connection. If you are unable to telework, you will have the option to report to the headquarters office in Harrisburg.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, TRAINING & ELIGIBILITY
- Minimum Experience and Training Requirements - Two years of experience in general office work, including one year involving interviewing the public; OR an associate's degree; OR an equivalent combination of experience and training that includes one year of general office work involving interviewing the public.
- Must meet PA residency requirement – For more information on ways to meet PA residency requirements, follow the link and click on Residency
- Do not submit resumes, cover letters, and similar documents. These documents will not be reviewed and the information contained therein will not be considered for the purposes of determining your eligibility for the position or to determine your score. Information to support your eligibility for the position must be provided on the application (i.e., relevant, detailed experience/education).
- If you are claiming education in your answers to the supplemental application questions, you must attach a copy of your college transcripts for your claim to be accepted toward meeting the minimum requirements. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
- Must be able to perform essential job functions
Veterans: Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to www.employment.pa.gov/Additional%20Info/Pages/default.aspx and click the Veterans' Preference tab or contact us at email@example.com.
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS): 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals)
The Commonwealth is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The Commonwealth values inclusion as we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most qualified people to serve the citizens of Pennsylvania. The Commonwealth does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, ancestry, union membership, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, AIDS or HIV status, disability, or any other categories protected by applicable federal or state law. All diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.