Manufacturing Engineering Co-Op (Fall 2022)
To support the daily operation and processes in the facility. This includes but not limited to maintaining/improving equipment and processes to support the objective of the facility in terms of safety, quality, and productivity.
· Apply concepts and details of gauging, fixtures, and tooling to assist in problem solving.
· Support the maintenance technicians anytime they’re struggling with effectively trouble shooting a production piece of equipment.
· Identify areas in which tooling, cleanliness, operation sequences, or manufacturing consistency can be improved to increase throughput or product quality.
· Help maintaining and controlling part programs for all equipment areas.
· When necessary, help to evaluate existing tooling and fixturing to determine optimum method of repair or improvement.
· Provide support to production associates as they assume greater responsibility in manufacturing functions
· Support engineering projects related to the improvement of the facility
Plant Support - Support all manufacturing engineering groups with the following:
· Drawing development and releases
· PCR administration and support
· Ensure that processes are accurately producing parts to the specified documentation, drawings, or work instructions.
· Basic modeling and fixture design.
· Procedure and documentation creation/updates (WI, TPMs, WI, PMs, 5S, …)
· Training material updates.
· Assist in the development and maintenance of plant layouts.
· Equipment manual creation and checking.
· Respond to equipment down calls that can’t be resolved by maintenance.
· Trouble shoot equipment efficiently and effectively (mechanically and electrically).
· Currently enrolled in a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineering or related field. Junior or Senior preferred.
· Must be able to work full time (40 hour weeks) for the Co-Op Term.
· Effective oral, written, and PC skills mandatory.
· Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills required.
· 3D modeling experience in CREO/ProE is preferred.
· Minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Constant standing, walking, reaching, balancing, cervical spine motion, lower extremities, and simple grasp
- Frequent use of firm grasping, fine manipulation, and pitching
- Occasional forward bending, squatting, kneeling, and climbing
- Lifting and carrying up to 50lbs including machine parts, parts boxes, equipment, and tool bag.
- Able to cover on different shift and the weekend based on production coverage requirement or engineering/maintenance project
- Travel: Minimum to moderate depending on project needs.
*This is not a comprehensive list of duties. Duties may change without notice in management’s sole discretion. Hendrickson is an at-will employer, each employee is free to resign at any time, just as Hendrickson is free to terminate employment at any time without cause or notice.
Hendrickson is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.