Dining Services Coordinator
1. Establishes departmental regulations and procedures in conformance with administrative policies. Develops standards for organization and supervision of dining services. Maintains quality dining services within the prescribed budget.
2. Determines quality and quantity of food required; plans menus and controls food costs.
3. Prepares food (including sauces, cold foods, fish, soups and stocks, meats, vegetables, eggs and other food items) according to the menu in a safe, sanitary manner.
4. Works closely with divisional dining services specialist and consults with dietitian when necessary to ensure meals meet the nutritional requirements of the residents.
5. Oversees the food preparation and cooking, to ensure meals are prepared according to company standards.
6. Makes frequent inspections of all work, storage, and serving areas to determine that regulations governing food safety and sanitation are followed.
7. Prepares cleaning schedule, production worksheet and staff schedules.
8. Maintains inventory of food and nonfood items.
9. Orients and trains new employees in department; effectively delegates authority to dining services staff to ensure effective flow of materials and services.
10. Develops and directs cost control system; prepares and submits department budget to Director Dining Services/Executive Director.
11. Maintains appropriate documentation in resident's medical records.
12. Provides nutrition education and counseling for residents; presents dining services education program to dining services and other staff as needed.
13. Ensures safe work procedures are developed and followed, to include those relating to employee injuries, prevention, and infection control.
14. Ensures a continuous quality improvement program is in place and appropriate follow-up occurs.
15. May directly supervise employees in the dining services department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
All associates must be vaccinated unless for medical or religious beliefs .