Employee Success Coach ( HR) Baldwin County/Saraland Locations
Provides support and training to Goodwill supervisors and team members to promote optimal performance, job satisfaction and compliance with Goodwill standards and core values throughout the organization.
Supports and encourages individual employee growth and opportunities for career advancement within and beyond Goodwill. Develops, implements, and monitors positive performance management practices, ensuring compliance with Goodwill, state and federal regulations.
- Provide world class customer service including effective communication with internal and external customers.
- Build trust and professional, meaningful relationships with employees for their retention and success.
- Makes employees aware of all services provided by the agency and assists employees in accessing these services or makes referrals to other agencies as needed.
- Develops and implements an Individual Career Plan (ICP) for each employee based upon needs, interests and barriers identified in the Needs Assessment and updates regularly.
- Communicates closely with and provides guidance and assistance to supervisors regarding proper performance management methods to ensure compliance with due process within the scope of federal laws and regulations and best practices.
- Assists managers with composing disciplinary documentation.
- Provides follow-up and updates electronic personnel records with documentation.
- Directs the needs assessment for training and staff development to enhance the effectiveness of employee performance in achieving the goals and objectives of the agency.
- Provides a broad range of consultative services to all levels of employees regarding policies and procedures.
- Facilitates communication among employees and management. May guide managers and employees on positive teamwork, problem solving, dispute resolution, regulatory compliance and litigation avoidance.
- Consults with management and employees on Equal Employment Opportunity issues and charges.
- Determines eligibility and processes all leave of absences to comply with applicable laws.
- Coordinates, processes and maintains records of referrals to the Employee Assistance Program.
- Secures needed documentation and processes unemployment compensation claims, and represents the agency in hearings.
- Monitors employee satisfaction and needs through stay interviews, annual surveys, comment boxes, observations and by on-site meetings and conversations, tracks satisfaction and makes recommendations to management.
- Conducts exit interviews with staff to determine if corrective action may retain valued staff.
- Conducts new hire orientation to make sure all new staff members understand the services provided by the agency, the history of the organization, the benefits associated with working for the agency and their role in contributing to the agencys mission.
- Takes a lead role in planning, implementing and evaluating training related to performance management and employee satisfaction.
- Works as a team with other HRT staff and serves as back up for other HRT positions when requested.
- Attends location meetings on a regular basis to share HRT information, answer questions, provide training and address concerns.
- Participates in HRT activities such as benefit enrollment/changes, and other department initiatives.
- Participates in other agency-sponsored events and fund raisers as needed.
- Participates in professional development and training opportunities and keeps abreast of HRT-related laws, regulations and best practices.
- Acts as a positive role model for employees in all aspects of professional performance.
- Observes all safety procedures and personnel policies.
- Regular attendance is required as outlined in Goodwills attendance policy.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to interact cordially and productively with management and staff.
- Must be able to market Goodwill and explain the mission to the general public.
- Ability to use general office equipment including computer keyboard by touch, voice mail system, copy machine, Powerpoint software and projector.
- Must be able to take initiative and work with little supervision.
- Must possess excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Must be able to keep information confidential.
- Must be able to proficiently read, write and communicate clearly in English.
- Must be able to maintain an effective working relationship with, and among employees.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, occasionally including nights and weekends and hours in excess of 40 per week.
- Must be able to function in a hectic work environment with periods of high stress.
- Must obtain and retain First Aid/CPR/AED certification and respond to and manage a first aid, choking or sudden cardiac arrest emergency at the worksite according to Goodwill Safety Policies & Procedures.
- Must have a valid drivers license for at least 3 years, liability automobile insurance and be insurable through the agencys insurance carrier. Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must pass a drug screen, including random drug testing as required by the Drug Free Workplace policy.
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources or related field is preferred.
- Two years of closely related experience is required. Experience in Human Resources preferred.
- Strong computer skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Adobe.
- Must be able to use hands, fingers and wrists, repetitively while using computer keyboard.
- Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time.
Adequately lighted and ventilated building. Frequent travel throughout the Gulf coast area.
Critical Performance Factors:
- Assures that Customer Service standards are met through positive feedback from managers and employees
- Reduction in employee turnover
- Compliance with Federal and State laws and regulations
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled