Analyst, Portfolio Management Group
ROLE: Analyst, Portfolio Management Group (PMG)
LOCATION: San Francisco
START DATE: Summer 2022
REPORTING TO: Managing Director, Portfolio Management Group
Hall Capital Partners is an independent, privately owned SEC-registered investment advisor that builds and manages multi-asset class global investment portfolios for families, endowments, and foundations.
We seek Portfolio Management Group Analysts in our New York and San Francisco offices. These are 2-year, entry-level analyst positions with the potential for top-performing analysts to expand and extend their engagements for an additional 3 years in the Associate position.
DESCRIPTION OF ROLE:
In the Portfolio Management Group (PMG) at Hall Capital, we work on teams to manage investment portfolios for high net worth families and institutions. Each team is structured to have one or two portfolio managers (PMs) who determine investment strategy and manager selection. The analysts and associates work alongside the PMs to assist in building client portfolios, executing transactions, and producing presentations and performance reports.
In your work, you will learn about the financial markets, asset allocation, and various investment managers and strategies across a wide range of asset classes, including cash, fixed income, equities, hedge funds, private equity, and real assets. You will also have the opportunity to participate in special projects, including asset class deep dives, portfolio reviews, and spending analysis. In addition, you will help to coordinate complex estate-planning transactions such as transfers of interest, partnership distributions, and charitable gifting as well as learn to manage risk across client relationships by closely adhering to firm and regulatory policy, procedures, and processes.
We work with a small number of clients and provide high quality client service, with frequent client interactions. You will liaise with clients, family office staff, tax advisors, and investment managers, providing exceptional client service and escalating issues as appropriate. Analysts are an integral part of the team and have the opportunity to join both internal investment meetings as well as client meetings.
Analysts typically spend their days completing independent work for clients, primarily using Excel and PowerPoint, as well as other software programs including Salesforce and proprietary programs. We will provide Excel and investment training, but a working knowledge is always a great start. Most importantly, we are looking for smart and dedicated team players who are eager to learn and contribute.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE:
- In your first 30 days, you will participate in a robust training program to learn more about different groups at the firm, Hall Capital’s investing strategy and reporting systems, and join your client teams.
- In your first 90 days, you will assist your teams with portfolio reporting and presentations, work closely with our Data Operations team on data aggregation and review, and assist in the execution of investments for your clients, while providing outstanding client service.
- In your first year, you will have completed several quarterly cycles of portfolio reporting and presentations, built meaningful relationships with your client teams and portfolio managers, and have had the opportunity to be involved in various firm-enhancing initiatives, from our various committees to recruiting, training, and mentorship.
YOU ARE A GREAT FIT IF YOU:
You do not have to match all the listed requirements exactly to apply. Hall Capital believes that our organization and culture are made stronger through diverse perspectives and experiences.
- Have an interest in financial markets and client service and enjoy working collaboratively and problem-solving in a diverse team environment where accountability and initiative are required.
- Value and model the attributes that make our firm great: collaboration, excellence, good judgement, initiative, innovation, integrity, and leadership.
- Believe that diversity and inclusion drive more robust dialogue and improved decision-making and share our commitment to fostering an inclusive culture.
- Have a bachelor’s degree and less than two years of work experience.
- Possess a keen interest in developing deep knowledge of client service, portfolio management, investments, and financial markets.
- Are an intellectually curious, creative problem-solver who is not afraid to ask questions.
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills as well as the desire and ability to provide excellent client service.
- Possess top-notch organizational skills and a strong ability to balance time-sensitive priorities while maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment with multiple supervisors.
- Prioritize operating ethically and professionally, demonstrate a strong sense of integrity, and consistently exercise good judgement.
- Welcome feedback and are quick to act upon it.
- Operate with a positive, proactive, “no-job-is-too-small” attitude.
- Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word; a working knowledge of PowerPoint is a plus.
- Are comfortable with and able to quickly learn new technology platforms.
- Professionals from all majors, experiences, and backgrounds are invited to apply.
APPLICATION AND INTERVIEW DETAILS:
Application Timeline: The final deadline to apply is 11:59 pm ET on April 29th, 2022. However, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so candidates are encouraged to submit their full application materials as early as possible.