ERP Business Analyst
At Oxford Instruments, we enable the world’s leading industrial companies and scientific research communities to image, analyze and manipulate materials down to the atomic and molecular level. With a sixty-year history, and fourteen Queen’s Awards for Enterprise, our world-class products and technologies are helping our customers to address the greatest challenges of the 21st century.
We are committed to being the leading provider of high tech products and services for the world’s most important industrial and scientific research communities. Our people are vital to our success. We strive to offer the opportunities that will attract, motivate and retain the very best talent in our sector. This involves creating an inclusive environment and culture, where difference is valued and people are recognized for what they deliver and bring to the team.
Headquartered in Scotts Valley, California, our X-Ray Technology unit is the leading manufacturer of advanced low power x-ray sources, in including tubes, power supplies and integrated sources. As a key part of our goal to increase operational excellence and put the customer at the center of everything we do, we are in the process of implementing new ERP, CRM and PLM systems globally to cover a wide scope of operations across our business functions including Engineering, Manufacturing, Finance, Marketing and Field Service. We design and manufacture the X-ray sources, tubes and power supplies needed for high resolution imaging in a range of sectors. From CT scanners in hospitals and clinics, to the high-volume manufacturing of the latest electronic devices, our products help our customers in any situation where exceptional magnification and image quality are essential.
To support this work, we are now looking for a new ERP Business Analyst to be based at either our Santa Barbara or our Scotts Valley manufacturing business sites in California. This is a broad, high-impact role and a real opportunity to make a substantial contribution to our business.
About the Opportunity:
Your role will be to provide regional support and systems expertise to our two California based Facilities for the entire end-to-end transaction flow for all business processes.
This includes Master Data setup for Product, Customers and Vendors and the transactional flow in the Sales Order to Cash, Purchase to Pay, Planning and Scheduling, Manufacturing, Inventory Management, Quality and non-conformance and Service/Repairs processes.
This will mainly involve utilizing the Infor CSI/Syteline ERP system, although will also require use of peripheral systems of BTA Forecasting, Configure Price Quote (CPQ) and the Shop-Trak and Doc-Trak products from Lake Companies.
Day to day, your duties will include:
• Ensuring all ERP system related issues (with a full problem statement) are captured in the companies Help Desk Ticketing System to ensure visibility of issues.
• Prioritizing the resolution based on business criticality and document all resolution and possible route causes.
• Creating and managing the continuous improvement of business specific training and Standard Operating Procedure’s (SOP’s)
• Identifying and developing the knowledge of a local on-site network or Key Users for each functional area of the system for them to provide 1st line support to End Users.
• Identifying common themes and arranging additional training as required.
• Escalation of issues to peers in the UK based Group Business Systems team.
• Deploying and promoting additional centralized KPI’s, reporting and analysis applications as they come on-line.
• Regional testing of newly applied software updates from Infor or global process improvements prior to full deployment.
• Participating in and representing the US region in weekly support/team calls with UK peers.
To be successful, you should have several years’ experience in an ERP Business Systems Analyst role OR alternatively Super User level experience from a high tech, high complexity business which utilizes Infor CSI/Syteline.
You must also be able to communicate technically complex issues to non-technical people, have the energy and drive to meet tight project deadlines and ideally have experience in applying a Lean Six Sigma approach to continuous improvement.
At Oxford Instruments, we provide flexible hours and a competitive salary and benefits program including medical, dental, vision and 401k.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. EOE/M/F/D/V