CONMED is seeking an Electrical Engineer I to join our team in Westborough, MA. This position assists in the development of new products from initial concept through production manufacturing by applying advanced electrical and firmware engineering theories and practices
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Applies electrical engineering knowledge to the design and development of new and innovative medical products.
- Responsible for the development of system and board level requirements, architecture, conceptual designs, design verification protocols, test plans, test reports and manufacturing documentation.
- Responsible for designing, developing, and troubleshooting electrical and electro-mechanical modules, circuit boards and systems.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Able to conduct/participate in design reviews, present results of formal analysis, generate project progress reports and investigation summaries.
- Participate in compliance and safety certification for various electrical systems.
- Works with cross functional development teams comprised of electrical, mechanical, software, and manufacturing engineers as well as project leaders, program managers, marketing, and production personnel in development of new medical equipment as well as sustaining engineering activities.
- Manages sub-projects and provide technical oversight of internal and external resources.
- Will design and coordinate the construction of manufacturing test fixtures for production manufacturing.
- Performs sustaining engineering activities and continued support for existing products.
Qualifications and Skills Needed:
Minimum formal education, experience, and training:
- Engineering degree required (BSEE, BSEET or equivalent).
- 0-2 years of relevant hands-on experience
- Solid analytical, communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Strong written communication skills.
Preferred education, experience, and training:
- Experienced with any CAD tools including Schematic Capture and Layout (OrCAD, Allegro, Altium or equivalent)
- Working knowledge of 8-, 16- or 32-bit embedded processors in a commercial, industrial and/or medical environment (ARM7 or Cortex preferred).
- Background in embedded electronics
- IEC-60601/Medical Device Development
- C and/or C++
- Up to 10%. Shall be able to visit medical facilities including Operating Rooms.
- High energy; extremely fast paced; deadline-oriented environment.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent healthcare including medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage
- Short & long term disability plus life insurance -- cost paid fully by CONMED
- Retirement Savings Plan (401K) -- company match dollar for dollar up to 7% Employee stock purchase plan -- allows stock purchases at discounted price
- Tuition assistance for undergraduate and graduate level courses
CONMED is an Equal Opportunity Employer & an Affirmative Action Employer. CONMED is a strong advocate of workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
If you feel you need a reasonable accommodation pursuant to the ADA, you are encouraged to contact us at 800-325-5900 option #3.