Intern, Operations - Orrville, OH (Fall 2022)
INTERN/CO-OP, OPERATIONS (Orrville, OH) – FALL 2022
Why Smucker is the Place for You
Looking for a world-class internship program at a Fortune 500 company? At Smucker, we’re committed to offering you that world-class experience and the opportunity to:
- Learn: Realize your potential in a collaborative, supportive environment where you’re part of the Smucker Family and challenged to be your best.
- Grow: Receive hands-on training from a dedicated mentor and connect with peers and leaders across our Company.
- Lead: Contribute to high-profile projects that support our strategic priorities along with opportunities to get involved in many ways including our continued progress on the journey to become the organization we expect to be on inclusion, diversity and equity. We firmly believe that an inclusive environment and diverse organization strengthens our Company and enables every employee to reach their full potential.
You deserve a positive and encouraging work environment. One that allows you to deliver your best work and become your best professional self. That is exactly what you will find at Smucker.
You’ll also benefit from intern housing assistance, should you qualify based on proximity, to ensure you have a positive experience and are financially able to afford the cost of living for the length of your internship.
Your Opportunity: Operations Intern
As an intern within Operations, you will work with operating technicians to collect data and learn the manufacturing process. You will collaborate with operations teams on process improvement opportunities, coordinate activities of contractors, hourly technicians and other resources, prepare standard reports/documentation to communicate results, and completely manage projects from scope development, capital appropriation, implementation, commissioning, and verification.
You will gain meaningful and translatable experience in reporting, systems and processes, relationship management, cost management and researching the feasibility of short- and long-term plant upgrade initiatives.
What We’d Need From You
- Requisite educational experience in engineering – mechanical, electrical, chemical, industrial and packaging engineering are preferred.
- A GPA of 3.0 or higher
- A well-rounded skill set including the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Must be able to work in both an office and plant environment and comply with all safety procedures.
- A passion to help in our Inclusion, Diversity & Equity journey – working toward a thriving community where everyone feels mutual respect, a sense of belonging and can express their whole selves
Want to Learn More?
The J.M. Smucker Company: www.jmsmucker.com/about
Our Internship Program: www.jmsmucker.com/careers/internships
Follow us on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/the-jm-smucker-co/