Computer Science Development VBA Intern (Remote)
IQVIA™ is The Human Data Science Company™, focused on using data and science to help healthcare clients find better solutions for their patients. IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness advances in healthcare information, technology, analytics, and human ingenuity to drive healthcare forward.
We know that meaningful results require not only the right approach but also the right people. Here, at IQVIA, we are building our internship program around smart, talented students that are excited about shaping the future of human health. As an IQVIA intern, you are able to create your own experience through insightful interaction with many different business units across the organization that will allow you to help us develop outside the box solutions to help solve some of the most important problems facing the healthcare industry. We invite you to reimagine healthcare with us!
Whatever your career goals, we are here to ensure you get there!
We invite you to join IQVIA™.
PURPOSE: This role is ideal for students with Computer Science major either in their Bachelors or Master program. A Strategic Partnerships and Pricing (SP&P) intern will gain exposure to and participate in the core activities of SP&P, which include creation and enhancement of pricing tools for both new business opportunities and emerging IQVIA service offerings. An intern will work across the Research and Development Solutions (R&DS) organization of IQVIA, meeting individuals in our strategic partnerships, pricing, operations and CRM. This position will provide hands-on experience working with the pricing development professionals within our organization.
Strategic Partnerships & Pricing CoE Intern projects vary, but typical responsibilities and opportunities might include:
• Works with internal customers to translate operational strategies into cost-competitive solutions that align with customer needs.
• Works with internal and external customers to create and implement traditional and non-traditional pricing/delivery alternatives, tactics and methodologies to meet customer needs.
• Contributes to the development, implementation and maintenance of our pricing tools using customized solutions with Excel VB.
• Contributes to discussions on business pricing/delivery strategy and direction and ensures a consistent application of our strategies across all opportunities.
• Fully supports the management team to ensure all team goals and objectives are met.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Bachelors in Computer Science candidate with at least one year of completed study. Experience with Excel VB programming skills is required.
• Strong critical thinking and analysis/integration skills
• Strong interpersonal, organizational, and leadership skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Comfortable working in team environments
• Possess strong decision-making skills with the ability to be assertive
• Interest in healthcare and/or clinical development industry
• Experience with Microsoft Office applications
• Must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced, high-growth environment