Statistician Data Analyst, FIS University Program
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
Join the 2022 FIS University Program!
As a 2022 FIS University Program full-time employee, you will have the opportunity to participate in team projects, community service activities, professional development seminars and work with a team that is invested in your growth, development, and success; including quarterly performance connects with your manager and bi-annual merit reviews.
This two-year full-time program has start dates in January, March, June and September with a dedicated “Learning Week” where you will;
- Learn how to work within a corporate environment
- Learn the structure of FIS and options for growth within the organization
- Hear from FIS leadership about their journey and participate in senior leader networking opportunities
- Build a network of your peers from across the organization
This position is for a June 2022 start.
About The Team
This is a growing team that is responsible for reporting, analytics, and insights across an expanding portion of the Merchant Solutions business within FIS. We work on a variety of different data-driven projects – one month may be focused on analyzing customer net revenue and attrition, the next month could be understanding & improving call center performance. Teammates come from several different backgrounds (including finance, economics, engineering, and business analytics), but everyone has a problem-solving mindset, strong data fluency, and an eagerness to learn & understand new parts of the business.
What You Will Be Doing
- Develop in-depth understanding of underlying data from both a technical and functional/business perspective.
- Compile data from various sources into a single, consumable, data set, including design and implementation of data models.
- Work with business leaders to identify and develop metrics and visualizations to track performance and highlight potential issues or inefficiencies.
- Partner closely with a cross-functional team of developers, data engineers, accountants, and business analysts, and be capable of communicating clearly across all parties.
- Work flexibly on a variety of projects, including process improvement & automation, design & development of a growing data warehouse, root cause exploration & analysis, and predictive modeling.
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in data science, information systems, statistics, economics or other related degree
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Self-motivated and willingness to learn
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Added Bonus If You Have
- Proficiency with SQL
- Proficiency with Tableau
- Experience using R or Python
- Familiarity with Snowflake
What We Offer You
- Competitive salary and excellent benefits
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities – FIS is your final career step!
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
- Student Loan Repayment Program: FIS will PAY OFF your principal loan balance over 10 years of service! Eligibility starts after one year of tenure in the program and is for U.S. participants