Physical Scientist/Life Scientist - R10
This position is in Region 10.
The location will be determined after a selection has been made for this position; if selected, you must work at one of the locations stated in this announcement. Salary will be based on the grade level for which you are selected and the duty location.
About Region 10: R10
At the entry level of this position, you will:
- Determine appropriate cleanup actions, methods and tools for toxic and hazardous waste sites.
- Direct contractual work efforts in cases where EPA must assume the cleanup duties to assure that federal funds are properly expended and that contractors are utilized effectively and efficiently.
- Monitor responsible party effort during remedial cleanups to assure compliance with all requirements of applicable regulations.
- Participate in or monitor enforcement activities.
- Perform community relations activities within a public forum.
You will spend less than 25% of your work time on contracts, grants/cooperative agreements, and/or interagency agreements.
When entering a Federal job at a grade level lower than the highest promotion potential level, you may be promoted to more complex duties and work more independently, as your career progresses. NOTE: Career ladder promotions are not automatic, and all eligibility and qualifications requirements must be met in order to progress to the next grade level.
One or more positions may be filled (in the organization advertised and/or in other organizations).