Robotic Process Automation (RPA) Intern
Be a part of the team behind our success! All financial services distribution companies are not created equal. Highland Capital Brokerage, a member company of Advisor Group, offers an unparalleled national team dedicated to supporting financial advisors who want to provide their clients with best-in-class life, annuity, and longevity planning.
Robotic Process Automation (RPA) Intern/Business Automation Intern Opportunity in Insurance Industry
We currently have an opening for a Robotic Process Automation (RPA) Intern/Business Automation Intern at Highland Capital Brokerage. This position may be a remote position or work in one of our many brick-and-mortar offices throughout the country as a part of a highly collaborative team.
The primary duties of this position consist of utilizing Robotic Process Automation (RPA) technology to develop basic to moderate level automations. There will be a major focus on general business process improvement (BPI) and interacting with business units to resolve pain points in real-world processes. The position requires a candidate that can effectively interact with project stakeholders, be willing to learn new technologies, and has an interest in process improvement. While no direct programming experience is required, an ideal candidate would have a basic understanding of programming logic (Ex: loops and conditional statements) and be able to translate that into a low-code/no-code RPA platform called Automation Anywhere.
• Complete RPA training and show a sufficient level of mastery.
• Assist Business Consulting team with bot development and maintenance.
• Document business processes (via Visio), as well as complete technical solution design documentation.
• Identify process improvements and utilize automation as needed.
• Possess strong work ethic (i.e. takes ownership of work, displays prompt follow-up skills, professional attitude).
• Ability to work on a cross-functional team and engage with teams/departments across the company.
• Willingness to learn new concepts, both technical and otherwise, while taking on unfamiliar challenges.
• Completion of a capstone project that will be implemented into the business.
• Engaging in continuing professional development opportunities.
• All other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent education required
• Currently attending a Bachelor’s Degree program
• Effective interpersonal skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Sufficient analytical skills
• Positive attitude
• Detail oriented
• Capable of creative, non-linear thinking and problem solving
(* = preferred)
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, *Visio, etc.).