Digital Storytelling Intern
adyn is on a mission to make scientific discovery more inclusive so everyone can live their healthiest life.
Our vision is to be earth’s most inclusive and patient-centric personalized medicine company. We are living in the age of the “medical research gender gap”—a disparity that exists because the vast majority of biological literature is based on single sex studies of males. Research shows that achieving gender equality in science and medicine will improve our standard of care and long-term health outcomes, not just for women, but for everyone.
Our first product helps individuals identify the best birth control for their unique biology. We do this by integrating two biological readouts: genetics (read one time) and hormone levels (read multiple times throughout your life). By partnering with individuals, adyn provides medically actionable scientific insights and empowers them to proactively optimize their health.
About the role
Our digital storytelling intern creates (and manages the creation of) exquisitely radical content experiences—presentations, infographics, videos, workshops, blog posts, email blasts, and social campaigns—this person is a champion of our mission.
Shaping the way we reach and communicate with birth control users, this person is data driven and passionate about making scientifically accurate health information accessible for everyone. Our digital storytelling intern is curious about our scientific approach and translates relevant and accurate messages across audiences reflecting our customers’ unique experiences.
In the first 30 days you will
- Learn adyn’s scientific approach, creative strategy, content strategy, and begin engaging with our audience
- Start generating content that articulates the brand story, connects to the individual customer, enhances understanding of product offering, and builds brand narrative
- Share new strategies and tactics to amplify our scientific, sexual health, and (pop) cultural content
- Learn to iterate rapidly on design and copy to develop high quality content efficiently
- Grow our online audience
In the first 90 days you will
- Manage a robust content calendar
- Develop creative assets and implement best practices to ensure content is consistently and effectively positioned across all channels
- Deeply understand adyn’s customers and their journeys with specific focus on where content is most influential and effective at building trust
- Collaborate cross-functionally to produce a wide variety of content
- Background in biology, genetics, health, or a related field preferred; passion for science/medicine/sexual freedom required
- Natural curiosity and enthusiasm for learning new topics
- Proven experience using persuasive narratives and storytelling
- Success generating engaging social media content and planning future content needs
- Ability to communicate and empathize with the experiences, needs, and motivations of our customers
Please note: adyn is a very small team and highly collaborative. Our first Storytelling Intern will directly interface with our Growth, Community, and our CEO as a contributing member of our editorial committee. We have structured feedback tools based on our company values we use to evaluate performance and well-documented standards for content production. We pay our interns anywhere from $20 - 40/hr based on on skill and experience.