(#R-10277) Summer 2023 Quantitative Modeling and Analytics Internship
127 Public Square - Cleveland, Ohio 44114
KeyBank’s Quantitative Modeling and Analytics Internship Program is designed to develop quantitative and analytical professionals through training, work experiences, cross-functional experiences and robust feedback and performance management. The Intern Program takes place in the Summer of 2023 and is based at one of our area locations in Cleveland, Ohio. Interns spend 10 weeks training in a variety of business units of the bank, including Risk Management, Enterprise Business Analytics, Management Information and Reporting, and Lines of Businesses.
The internships are designed to expose and develop an intern in the following competency areas:
- Ability to perform data analysis, research, and draw business and financial insights through analysis with integrity and accuracy
- Effectively and concisely communicate findings and recommendations for senior management, including effective data visualizations and insights.
- Aptitude for problem solving using analytical and mathematical techniques across a broad spectrum of business and risk management areas
- Conduct and leverage market and industry research for peer analytics and strategy.
- Develop and support reporting functions for financial, regulatory, and business intelligence requirements.
WHAT ARE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Current Junior (graduating 2024)
- Current Enrollment in a Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Finance, Economics, Computer Science, Data and Business Analytics or other quantitative fields of study.
- Outstanding academic achievement (Minimum cumulative 3.3 GPA required, 3.5 GPA or above preferred)
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills. Knowledge of statistical techniques and data mining concepts and approaches.
- Preferred exposure to programming for data analysis and statistical/numerical techniques (SQL, SAS, Python, R, VBA, and others as appropriate)
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills to explain quantitative techniques and perspectives to various audiences
- This program is not eligible for employment visa sponsorship.
This position has a Mobile work design (2-3 days in the office a week the other from home). There is some potential opportunities to work from home for candidates outside of KeyBank’s footprint, but this will require further conversation.
Key has implemented a role-based Mobile by Design approach to our employee workspaces, dedicating space to those whose roles require specific workspaces, while providing flexible options for roles which are less dependent on assigned workspaces and can be performed effectively in a mobile environment. As a result, this role may be mobile or home based, which means you may work either at a home office or in a Key facility to perform your job duties.
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other protected category.
Qualified individuals with disabilities or disabled veterans who are unable or limited in their ability to apply on this site may request reasonable accommodations by emailing HR_Compliance@keybank.com.