Field Application Scientist
Location: Based in a home office in the Boston area
The Technical Sales and Service department of Wyatt Technology needs a self-motivated, ambitious team player to fill our Field Application Scientist role in the Boston area. We are looking for people who love science and technology, excel at building dynamic relationships with people, and are interested in expanding their commercial and business skills. Ideal candidates are problem solvers with a strong chemistry, biochemistry, biophysics, chemical or bio engineering, background who will accept challenges, ask questions, and engage our customers. This position will be responsible for support of the Wyatt business in the Northeastern region with special focus on biopharmaceutical markets that need advanced applications, product technical knowledge and business development. As a recognized expert, you will establish strong peer based relationships with scientists and engineers in the field, while ensuring sustainable growth of the business in their accounts.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Proactively ensure assigned accounts/territory develops new sales opportunities collaborating with the local sales team through the provision of onsite seminars, technical consulting and application feasibility test (demonstrations)
- Execute technical application support during the sales process including post sales visits including installations and training, GMP qualification, and data reporting
- Post sale support of existing customers on an ongoing basis with high level product training and application support to drive repeat sales
- Develop strong application knowledge and depth to serve as a recognized expert for process optimization and development in the biopharmaceutical, specialty chemical, and academic markets
- Create and present technical papers about key applications at industry seminars, conferences and symposiums
- Identify and develop application solutions that provide high value to the biopharmaceutical and gene therapy markets
- Direct the transfer of knowledge and data from application feasibility studies, industrial and academic applications and technical journals and publications to product management for development
- Based in a home office and interact daily with customers via email, phone and on-site visits
- Executing programs following the annual business plan to develop business and achieve the target sales growth
- Identifying sales opportunities for Wyatt products within the accounts/territory in the specified target market and application segments
- Up to 70% of your time will be spent on travel, with a regional focus on the Northeastern US.
Requirements and Qualifications:
We are looking for someone with excellent written and verbal communication skills and an excellent familiarity with basic lab techniques, instrumentation and software. Experience with HPLC and Wyatt instruments would be preferred. To be a qualified candidate, you must have a Ph.D. in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Polymer Chemistry, Nanotechnology, or other related field or a Master’s or Bachelor’s degree with 3+ years of relevant work experience.
Wyatt Technology is the world leader in research, development and commercialization of light scattering instruments used by chemical, pharmaceutical, and biotech companies and by government and academic institutions. Visit our website at www.wyatt.com to learn more about the science and our products.
Working at Wyatt Technology
Working at Wyatt Technology means you are impacting the world in important ways. Our analytical technology provide scientists in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and chemical industries with the information they need to deliver life-changing products. Wyatt Technology develops, manufactures, sells, and services instruments that modernize R&D, analytical sciences, bioformulations, and biopharma manufacturing.
Compensation and Benefits:
Wyatt Technology offers a complete benefits package including company paid health, dental, vision, long and short term disability, life insurance and a generous 401K plan. Employees also enjoy paid holidays, paid sick days and 3+ weeks of paid vacation. This position includes relocation if necessary, a monthly car allowance and the potential to earn commissions.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We give consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected classification.