Civic Nation Fall 2022 Internships
Civic Nation seeks interns for its Fall 2022 cycle. Civic Nation’s internship program is designed to provide prospective candidates with a professional learning experience that offers meaningful, practical work and the opportunity for career exploration and development.
By participating in this program, interns will:
- Develop effective work habits, including time management, punctuality, and personal accountability.
- Develop and improve communication and analytical skills.
- Develop interpersonal skills which will enable interns to build professional relationships, work within a team structure, and to manage conflict in the workplace.
- Develop the ability to interact respectfully with all people and understand individuals’ differences.
- Develop a clearer understanding of career interests.
Civic Nation has the following opportunities available:
- ALL IN Campus Democracy Challenge (2 positions available)
- Communications - Digital (1 position available)
- Communications - Press (1 position available)
- Data & Technology (2 positions available)
- Development (1 position available)
- Partnerships & Government Relations (2 positions available)
- United State of Women - Communications (1 position available)
- United State of Women - Programs (1 position available)
- We The Action (1 position available)
The Fall 2022 internship program will commence on September 7, 2022, and end on December 2, 2022. Positions are paid at the rate of $15.20 per hour and are remote. Hourly rate may be adjusted to comply with state and local minimum wage requirements. Interns are expected to work a minimum of 10 hours per week. Dates and hours are flexible.
MANDATORY COVID-19 VACCINATION POLICY
Civic Nation is committed to protecting our employees and our communities from COVID-19. Toward that goal, and in consideration of guidance released by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and a variety of public health authorities and professional organizations, Civic Nation has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for its employees.
All employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a term and condition of employment at Civic Nation unless an exemption or deferral has been approved. Individuals are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after they get their second dose of a messenger RNA (mRNA) vaccine, such as Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna, or two weeks after a single dose of the Janssen/Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
New employees must be fully vaccinated before their start date unless an exemption due to a medical condition or a sincerely held religious belief or practice is granted.
To apply, visit this link. Applications will be accepted until May 29, 2022. Your cover letter should be concise, compelling, and include why you would like to be an intern for Civic Nation.
At Civic Nation, diversity, equity, and inclusion are directly aligned with the fundamental belief that people are inherently capable but often lack opportunity. We know that a diverse workforce allows us to see problems in more nuanced ways, creating the thought leadership needed to fulfill our mission and reach our goals. Civic Nation is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply.