Information Technology (Help Desk), Paraprofessional Intern
Job Summary: The intern will assist with various projects throughout the assignment, including, but not limited to:
Project Title: IT Help Desk First Level Support
Project Description: Perform first-level technical support of enterprise applications through analysis, review, and enhancements to increase the operating efficiency, or adapt to new requirements.
- Assist in identifying, researching, and resolving technical incidents and problems to minimize disruption to the user's business operation.
- Assist in documentation of resolutions for knowledge capture and management.
- Assist in analyzing and responding to telephone calls, e-mails and personnel requests for technical support.
- Assist in developing and maintaining positive customer relations and satisfaction through quality inquiry and understanding of the customer’s needs.
- Assist in providing basic training on standard hardware and District software applications for end-users.
- Apply methodology for all assignments and end-user interaction.
Project Title: Work Order Creation and Dispatching
Project Description: Ensure accurate interpretation and recording of information into Help Desk tracking system and efficiently dispatch and route Help Desk tickets.
- Assist in collecting and evaluating information by listening and asking questions of customers in order to determine staff resources, technical support level, priority levels and dispatch criteria.
- Assist in entering information into Help Desk tracking system, as well as ensuring Help Desk tickets are efficiently dispatched and routed.
- Assist in scheduling internal staff resources as well as Outsourcer Technician activities. Ensure that the Help Desk Service Level Agreement is being adhered to.
- Assist in performing and coordinating documentation, tracking, escalation, and monitoring of service requests, to ensure a timely resolution.
Project Title: IT hardware and software asset management, procurement and deployment
Project Description: Support the maintenance of inventory data from software and hardware acquisitions and deployments.
- Assist in researching the procurement of new technology.
- Assist in accurately recording inventory data and documentation for deployment of hardware and software.
- Assist in the basic training of standard hardware and District software applications for end-users.
- Run customized reports and analyze as needed.
- Navigate, execute, input, edit, obtain, maintain, and/or generate information from Help Desk software applications.
Project Title: IT Desktop Support
Project Description: Provides technical support for end-user computer equipment.
- Performs installation, implementation, testing, and maintenance of end-user computer equipment and software.
- Provides basic installation and maintenance of desktop peripherals including printers, scanners, and other miscellaneous equipment.
- Images desktops and laptops
- Assists in hardware and enterprise application rollouts.
Minimum Education Requirements:
- Candidate must be enrolled in school or must have graduated within 24 months from the date of application.
Field of Study:
- Declared Majors: Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field of study.
Degree Program Levels:
Any of the following degree program levels may qualify
- Associate Degree
- Bachelor Degree (Freshman - Senior)
- Master/Doctoral Degree
- High School Advanced Placement Examinations and Technical/Trade School will also be considered
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Candidate must be able to work 40 hours per week. Working hours are Monday – Friday during normal business hours. This is a temporary position.
- Candidate must be able to commit to up to a 12-month assignment with an option to extend the assignment at NEORSD’s discretion. This internship program provides for a time-limited role at NEORSD with no express or implied guarantee of future employment beyond the assignment period. This position is governed by all applicable NEORSD administrative policies, practices and procedures related to temporary employees.
NEORSD, an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Northeast Ohio Regional Sewer District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce, recognizing the full range of human differences and similarities. Through our unwavering efforts to leverage the potential of our diversity, we continually strive to build and foster an environment that respects each individual. We encourage and promote innovation, and provide opportunities for all employees to interact, communicate, and realize the full potential of their talents.
Our Employee Benefits & Wellness Programs
We offer a comprehensive employee benefits package including Health Insurance Coverage, Various Retirement Planning Options (Ohio Public Employee Retirement System and Deferred Compensation Plans), Flexible Spending Accounts, Employee Assistance Program, Free Parking at our facilities, Corporate Discounts, and more! We also have an active Health & Wellness Program that promotes a life/work balance.
DISCLAIMER: The information outlined in this job description indicates the general nature and type of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to provide a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities or competencies required of employees within this classification.
Associates or better in Computer Science.
Associates or better in Information Technology.
Licenses & Certifications
Ohio Drivers License