Athletics Operations Staff
The position is responsible for assisting in the daily event and operations of the Sports and Activity Center (SAC). This includes but is not limited to the day to day operations of the Issue Room, Wellness Center and Strength Center. You will also have the opportunity to work with the event management staff before, during, and after home NCAA competitions. Our athletic department consists of 15 NCAA Division II varsity sports that compete in the Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference. We also host campus club teams, intramural groups and facility rentals to various organizations. This position reports to a combination of individuals based on where the need in our athletic department is the greatest. You may be required to work weekends and evenings.
A. Facility Operations
- Ensure that all equipment follows safety regulations, NCAA guidelines and federal, state, and county public health and safety regulations.
- Work with the Associate Athletic Director of Facilities & Capital Projects to understand facility policies and procedures to include facility access, emergency action plans, standard operating procedures, and preventative maintenance (i.e. COOP).
B. Manage Issue Room
· Responsible for the day to day management of athletic equipment and laundering of athletic apparel for all varsity sports.
· Enforce policies and procedures that follow university rules and regulations (facility guidelines, facility space priorities, facility access, standard operating procedures, emergency action plans) that strive towards zero tolerance.
· Work closely with the Associate Athletic Director of Facilities & Capital Projects several days a week (i.e. equipment issuance & collection, locker & lock issuance and clearance, daily laundry needs, and preparation for practice and home games).
· Ability to effectively receive verbal and written instructions that explain daily/weekly/annual facility and equipment cleaning.
C. Game Day Operations
· Organize and perform game day operations including locker room, official area and team bench preparation, serving as event manager for athletic games.
· Prepare and assist in the maintenance of the outdoor athletic fields for competition.
· Assist with operating the Ranger Store, ticket sales, and selling concessions.
D. Fitness Center Attendant
· Assist with selling/renewing SAC memberships.
· Responsible for adhering to cleaning protocols and maintaining cleanliness of facilities.
· Provide friendly, effective customer service to facility patrons.
E. Other duties assigned by the Associate Athletic Director of Facilities & Capital Projects, Intramurals & Facilities Operation Coordinator, and Event & Operations Coordinator.
· Ability to demonstrate strong skills in leadership, motivation of staff and good verbal/written communications.
· Ability to use initiative and resourcefulness in planning work assignments and in implementing long-range program improvements.
· Ability to work independently.
· Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with faculty, staff, administrators, student organizations, private and public agencies and SAC members.
- Ability to collaborate with other student employees effectively.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
· Prefer knowledge of CPR, AED and First Aid.
· Physical labor includes lifting, moving, pushing, etc. a variety of items within the building or at outside fields. Operating mechanical equipment and being on your feet for several hours of the day is also necessary.
· Qualify for work study financial aid assistance.
· Previous experience working within an athletic facility/event management or comparable work environment.