Amur Sales Intern SUMMER 22
SUMMER 22 Amur Sales Intern
AMUR is a clothing collection created in New York City that was born from the concept that great style does not have to come at the expense of our environment— and that design can strike a balance between beauty and good intentions. It’s an approach that’s woven into our very name: A Mindful Use of Resources.
Amur is currently looking for detail-oriented Sales Interns to join our team in our NYC headquarters.
We are interested in part-time and full-time students with a desire to get first hand experience working in a showroom with two of the industry's top dress brands. Note dates and hours are flexible based on your academic schedule. We believe the New York experience is important, so you will have the day off on Fridays to enjoy.
Note for students traveling to New York for the semester, we can provide housing recommendations.
What you'll do
- Learn first-hand the operations of the Amur Sales team by shadowing market preparations, sample organization, photo shoot preparation and trade shows
- Learn how to use various sales reporting tools and will become Excel proficient
- Learn to analyze selling and set a “call to action” for buyers to drive the in-season business and conduct product/ market research
- Help manage photoshoots and assist with model styling
- Help with the upkeep of the showroom and merchandising the collection
- Become a strong seller and analyst by prospecting new stores and pitching buyers to carry our new collections
- Gain exposure to an immersive experience for cross functional work between Sales, Design, Marketing, Production and the Executive teams
- Enrolled in an Associate’s/ Bachelor’s/ Master’s program at an accredited college or university
- Must be able to provide proof of credit or a letter of support to receive academic credit from your college or university prior to starting assignment
- Computer skills to include Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong leadership, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills
- A multi-tasker, proactively seeks out opportunities to support the team with a can-do and follow- through attitude
- Work well in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills
- A laptop for work if preferred but not required