Action is an established and growing homeowners' association management company with a goal of attracting, retaining and developing the best talent. Action is seeking a Full-Time Staff Accountant to work in the Corporate Office located in Irvine, CA as well as positions in our Inland Empire and San Diego regional offices.
Why Join Action?
Action's goal is to attract and retain the best talent in the industry. We are proudly rated 4.3 Stars on Glassdoor. Check out our Glassdoor page here: https://tinyurl.com/actionglassdoor
We offer our Team Members the following:
- Competitive starting compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package for qualifying employees
- On-going hospitality and property manage
- Opportunities for career growth and advancement
- Values driven company culture that encourages team work and excellence
Under the direction of the Staff Accountant Supervisor, the Staff Accountant will support various aspects of finance and accounting for the company. This position will support aspects of the financial cycle associated with working with managers, assisting in various audits, and monitoring various metrics of the business to aide in daily operational decisions. This requires general accounting responsibilities, including journal entries, intercompany transactions, account reconciliations and accruals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain general ledger and journals to include monitoring accounts for discrepancies
- Prepare necessary journal entries
- Update chart of accounts as needed
- Reconcile all bank accounts as part of the month end closing process
- Reconcile and balance accounts payable and accounts receivable monthly
- Generate and review monthly financial statements to ensure accuracy of information
- Provide technical assistance and advice to association managers to ensure a clear understanding of financials being presented to the Board
- Assist with audit process, budget preparation, and provide input regarding improvements to accounting system
- Assist with accounting department responsibilities as needed
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Demonstrate an understanding of how to prepare, read, and interpret financial statements
- Actively participate in budgeting process and possess a clear understanding of how reserve funding works
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 2 years of general ledger accounting experience and budgeting experience
- Knowledge of accounting system, Jenark experience is a plus, as well as proficiency in MS Excel, and Word
- Flexibility to work overtime if needed
Schedule: Full-Time Monday to Friday; 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Action Property Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Supports a Drug Free Workplace.