Automation Engineer Intern
A growing full-service product development company is seeking a creative and motivated individual with a desire to work on various projects and challenges within the medical and consumer product categories. During a typical day, the individual could be tasked with sourcing components, brainstorming part design, modeling in Solidworks for a prototype, or creating a presentation for a meeting.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Ideation. Work closely with industrial designers and engineers to brainstorm, sketch, and render innovative solutions for medical, consumer, and industrial markets.
• Research. Conduct user research, study procedure steps, create personas, analyze competitive products, interview doctors, collect data, analyze data, compile data to tell the story, and present findings and conclusions.
• Presentations. Help create compelling presentations for our clients with good graphic design and a clear narrative to present the concepts, highlight the findings, and provide decision tools to help the team move forward.
• Mechanism design. Assist the team in conceptualizing, modeling, and testing various internal mechanisms.
• Prototype design. Design, CAD model, operate 3D printers, and assemble complete prototypes.
• UX design. Analyze competitive products, create workflows, wireframes, clickable demos, and tools for gathering user feedback.
*Other duties may be assigned*
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and/or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Enrolled as a Junior, Senior, or Graduate level in an accredited Mechanical Engineering program.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
• PowerPoint, Excel Word experience
• 3D printing experience
• CAD modeling experience (SolidWorks experience preferred)
• Excellent communication
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks
Work is performed in a normal office environment with minimal physical risks involved. The noise level is usually low to moderate.
Carlisle Interconnect Technologies is dedicated to identifying and reducing the environmental impact of its operations, activities, and products. It is our commitment to comply with all applicable laws and other regulatory requirements concerning the environment. We are committed to preventing pollution and continually improving our environmental performance in all of our global operations. This will be achieved through a comprehensive Environmental Management System that provides the framework for setting and reviewing environmental objectives and targets of Carlisle Interconnect Technologies.
EXPORT COMPLIANCE DISCLAIMER
This position includes access or potential access to ITAR and/or EAR technical data. Therefore, candidates will need to qualify as a US Person which is defined as a US Citizen, or a Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder).
No travel is expected for this position.