Hershey Campground Operations Intern
The Campground Operations Internship at Hershey Entertainment & Resorts will provide hands-on experience in key areas of the Hersheypark Camping Resort, such as housekeeping, retail, and the front office. Interns will have responsibilities including but not limited to checking in and checking out guests, reservations in Resort Suite, financial reconciliation of daily receipts and guest resolutions, assisting and overseeing the housekeeping department and assisting and overseeing the retail department. This position reports to the Property Manager.
- Inspect all cabins and their surrounding areas for cleanliness and maintenance challenges
- Inspect bath houses, laundry rooms, and public areas to include the game room and registration area for cleanliness and maintenance challenges
- Assist housekeeping staff to ensure all cabins are ready for the assigned check in time
- Utilize the property management system and other departmental software to assign cabins, print reports, assign daily tasks, log maintenance needs, and answer/respond to company emails
- Daily recordkeeping of assignments, staff, and guest opportunities
- Enter sales into the POS system
- Sell cross destination attraction tickets via the Galaxy system
- Refund merchandise and attraction tickets
- Oversee the store opening and closing procedures
- Complete end of day paperwork and audit store clerk banks/paperwork for accuracy
- Process the daily change order and audit merchandise & galaxy vault banks
- Greet guests at the front counter, including assisting with check in/check out, answering guest’s questions and completing reservations.
- Participate in Roadside check in
- Understand and clearly communicate policies, site/cabin rules and seasonal information pertaining to the guest stay. These topics include but are not limited to Hersheypark hours, shuttle information, rates and availability, pool hours, activities schedules, winter water shut off and any additional information that may pertain to each visit.
- Additional Responsibilities
- Train with the property manager on operations information such as a PACE Report, Daily Revenue Report and Profit & Loss Statement
- Organize and run a monthly staff meeting
- Provide feedback and create training material on internal processes and procedures
- Handle guest opportunities and offer resolutions
- Assist in supervision of all Office Clerks, Retail Clerks and Housekeeping staff to include daily operating tasks, coaching, training and development
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must have a valid Drivers' License.
- Must be enrolled in a college program, all majors welcome
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. Must be innovative and be self-motivated to complete tasks.
- Strong technical skills including keyboarding skills and PC experience
- High attention to detail and well organized.
- Have a positive attitude and act respectful and professionally towards fellow employees and guests
- Ability to supervise, coach and train staff.
- Ability to assist with cleaning in the cabins and bathhouses
- Strong basic math skills and handle cash with a high degree of accuracy
- Embody Hershey Entertainment & Resorts core values (Devoted to the Legacy, Selfless Spirit of Service, Team Focused, Respectful of Others)
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
- Physical requirements require mobility and good physical condition. Must be able to walk, stand, bend, stoop, lift, carry, sit, climb ladders, and work in confined spaces
- Must be able to work indoor and/or outdoor environments in various weather and temperature conditions.
- Must be able to lift, pull, push, operate a maximum of 75 lbs
- Exposure to basic cleaning chemicals, propane and gasoline
- The working schedule for this position will include hours between 7:30 am and midnight, days, evenings, weekends & holidays based on operational need.
- Visual ability to perform detailed work at close distances
- Verbal communication of detailed information to others either by phone or in person.
- Must be able to speak and read the English language.
- Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers (Repetitive motion).
- Must be able to work a minimum of 32 hours per week
- The working schedule for this position will include hours between 7:30 am and midnight, days, evenings, weekends & holidays based on operational need
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer