This is a full-time, 40 hours/week onsite position.
GENERAL SUMMARY/ OVERVIEW STATEMENT
The Administrative Assistant for the Neil and Elise Wallace STRATUS Center for Medical Simulation at Brigham and Women’s Hospital supports the day-to-day operations of the Center. STRATUS is a multidisciplinary medical simulation center located at a Harvard Medical School affiliated teaching hospital providing education, assessment and research opportunities to a wide variety of users. In this role, the Administrative Assistant reports directly to the STRATUS Center’s Assistant Director of Education.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
General Center Support
- Serve as the front desk receptionist and call receiver for the Center.
- Support and/or manage STRATUS Center calendar meetings and calendar access (including courses, meetings, etc.), general STRATUS email communications.
- Assist the Administrative Director in tracking Center financial expenses.
- Support STRATUS event planning and coordination, including logistics and food ordering.
- Maintain and update the STRATUS carousel/video monitors in the Neville House and liaise with the Main Campus team regarding updates there.
- Support organization of office information systems, both paper-based and electronically via shared file spaces, including the collection and storage of video recording permission form.
- Assist with and in-kind donation applications.
- Assist in workspace set up and office equipment access.
- Support accreditation applications for the Society of Simulation in Healthcare (SSH) and others as necessary.
- Other duties as needed.
Education Team Support
- Coordinate with Education Team and Operation Team members and internal/external instructors and faculty to schedule courses.
- Monitor Intake Forms.
- Update/track course development in Curriculum in Development Smartsheets.
- Maintain course catalog/all curriculum documentation in STRATUS shared folders.
- Provide evaluation and participation data to instructors/faculty upon request.
- Support the Education Team Meeting, including:
- scheduling; agenda preparation; taking, distributing and filing meeting minutes
- collecting, maintaining and presenting monthly educational metrics
- managing and maintaining year-to-date educational metrics
- Participate in the development, implementation and maintenance of the STRATUS Learning Management System (LMS), including:
- collecting and triaging LMS Intake Forms
- managing and maintaining STRATUS course catalog
- day-to-day kiosk and user profile management, including supporting learners’ system needs and troubleshooting associated problems
- reconciling attendance data as needed
- Support the use of the Arcade’s computer-based simulators including creation, management of user accounts for this equipment and providing general orientation to new learners
- Participate in the Simulation Review Committee.
- Support the Curriculum in Development Committee.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- At least one year of experience working in an administrative role in a hospital setting.
SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft office suite utilities (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word). Previous experience using Smartsheets is preferred.
- Fastidious attention to detail.
- Exceptional judgment and discretion in interacting with healthcare providers, senior administrators, center staff, and intra- and extramural clients.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks independently, effectively prioritize them and meet deadlines and schedules.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and part of a team.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills.